HCP time frame

Guest possumbarnes

I called hcp dept again this morning. She says there is no record of my prints from 6/28/11. But they are behind on the prints and they advised me to wait another 2 weeks. And if nothing comes in, to call them again. Gunnys say, they did my prints but my account is closed out when I did them. And I need to call a number to get it reopened. Gunnys claim the hcp dept rejects prints if too many comes in on a given day. I think, Im getting the run around. With all the finger pointing.

I'm still hazy on one thing: was Gunny's on the list of fingerprint vendors that the DMV gave you? Since I've not heard of anyone else getting printed there. Gunny's did NOT charge you anything for the prints, right?

- OS

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 808-South
I'm still hazy on one thing: was Gunny's on the list of fingerprint vendors that the DMV gave you? Since I've not heard of anyone else getting printed there. Gunny's did NOT charge you anything for the prints, right?- OS
Yep... They're on the list. And it was no charge. Im hoping it comes in soon. Anxious!!!
Guest Victor9er

I took my class the Sunday before Memorial Day... that following Tuesday, the day after Memorial Day, I went to apply for my HCP. (that was a mistake, I waited over 3 hours...) After I applied I went straight to the UPS store to get my fingerprints done.

Two weeks and two days later my permit was in my mailbox. :poop:

Guest roshambo

Odd, I applied and fingerprinted on 7/5/11 and still haven't received mine. I may give them a call tomorrow just to check since everyone seems to be getting theirs in a shorter time frame that me!

Guest Victor9er
Odd, I applied and fingerprinted on 7/5/11 and still haven't received mine. I may give them a call tomorrow just to check since everyone seems to be getting theirs in a shorter time frame that me!

I was talking about this with a friend and one of the guys at Shooter's Depot and some valid points were brought up. First, your name will have a lot to do with it. If you have a common name then it may take longer because they'll have to sort through all of the people with similar names. Especially if one of those other people with the same or similar name has a criminal record. (heaven forbid if your name is "John Smith" because it might take 3 years lol)

If your name is a little more unique then it might not take as long. I'm sure it also depends on how many applications they have to go through at any given time, which will fluctuate so that would just be a matter of getting lucky or not.

Guest roshambo

I called to check on mine and was told that it was approved yesterday and will be printed and mailed today. I asked if they mailed from Nashville and was told that they were printed and mailed from out of state. I thought it was funny that the state is giving jobs to out of state workers when the unemployment rate in TN was a crazy 9.8% last month!

Guest biohazardmatthew

The official time period was noted as being 90 days from the time your fingerprints are submitted. However, in reality it's usually much less than that. I personally waited about a month and recieved a letter in the mail stating that something had went wrong with my picture and I had to return to a DMV within 30 days of that notice to have it retaken. I took a day off from work and went back to the DMV and was overly joyed to find out that in order to have my picture retaken I would have to fill out all the paperwork again. Then I waited approximately an hour and a half before they finally called my number. My picture was retaken exactly the way it was taken the first time (I even wore the same shirt) I pleaded with the guy to triple check everything so I would have to worry about doing this a third time. Almost exactly 2 weeks later my permit was in my mailbox. So 6 weeks for me.

Guest biohazardmatthew
I bet they lost everything, not just the photo. just didnt want to admit it.

I guess that might explain it. lol

Guest worshipviolin
Yep... They're on the list. And it was no charge. Im hoping it comes in soon. Anxious!!!

I'm just curious. Have you received it yet?

Guest 808-South
I'm just curious. Have you received it yet?

Called this morning to see if they got my prints. And everything was approved and issued on 7/26. And it should come in the mail. Now I need me a holster.

Guest roshambo

I had a present from TDOS in the mail for me today! It took exactly 20 business days from when I was fingerprinted to receive it. Hope that those of you that are still waiting get theirs soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got a permit since they switched to L1 fingerprinting? About to be going on 3 weeks monday, believe that was the first day for L1. Just curious seeing some people get theirs back in 2-3 week time frame before the switch to L1.

Just curious if they've changed the design on the HCP ID like they did on the TN drivers license with the new flimsier look and palsy color. Also wonderin..if ur past the tndl photo required age are u exempt on hcp photo too? Just curious I'm only 29 so I've got a minute yet to be concerned.

via EPIC4G SRF1.1.0 by Android Creative Syndicate

Guest JebusJames

I applied at the DMV in Strawberry Plains too and did fingerprints on the same day at Gunny's. 14 days later, I received my permit in the mail.

Guest tnalways4me
Just curious if they've changed the design on the HCP ID like they did on the TN drivers license with the new flimsier look and palsy color. Also wonderin..if ur past the tndl photo required age are u exempt on hcp photo too? Just curious I'm only 29 so I've got a minute yet to be concerned.

Yes, they did change the design to match the new Driver License (DL) photo. It is a vertical permit as well, not horizontal or landscape layout like the DL. I am not sure about being exempt from the photo. I renewed my DL and did the HCP photo at the same time, they took two different photos though for each ID, said they couldn't reuse the pictures.

Guest Victor9er

via EPIC4G SRF1.1.0 by Android Creative Syndicate

I've never heard of being exempt from having a photo on a DL before.... I'm 34 and I had to have my photo on my DL and also my HCP as well. I got my DL at the end of last year and my HCP a few months ago. Of course, I'm also a new resident, but still... that's news to me.

I've never heard of being exempt from having a photo on a DL before.... I'm 34 and I had to have my photo on my DL and also my HCP as well. I got my DL at the end of last year and my HCP a few months ago. Of course, I'm also a new resident, but still... that's news to me.

I work in a grocery store where I constantly have to card people for buying alcohol... Whenever I come across a photo-less ID I always tell the people they should say they work in the CIA or something like that... I always picture a James Bond, pictures-less passport.