Bennett's posting

Tncobra noted over in the posted section about Bennett's, I was there today as well and noticed the darn sign on my way out. I did take a look around and I only seen the posting in the dining area and not the bar area. For those that do not know how the building is arranged. The bar area is on one end and the dining area is on the other end with the entrance being in the middle and an additonal entrance for the bar dining area.

I thought that it was strange that they have posted in the dining area entrance well inside the restaurant and not the bar area, but there is a raised dining area to the left before the sign. I didn't have time to talk with anyone about the sign and I plan on doing so the next time I stop in. Maybe I'll take my meal in the bar area.

Edited by steamnsteel
Clean up
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally made the call about the gun buster signs at Bennett's and the Alamo Steakhouse. I spoke with a fellow by the name of David and his comment was that due to insurance and liabuilty issues they have decided to keep their restaraunts posted, he also does not think that the signs would deter any cime. Although he has a permit he does aslos believe in his right to post his business. I guess we talked about ten minutes, he was very nice but to the point and listened to my view points as well. I also suspect that he may be reading this forum as well since he did say he had a permit, and he also knows that there are customers boycotting his resturants because of the gunbuster signs.

There is already a posting for Bennett's and also the Alamo if I am not mistaken. Since additional remarks cannot be added to somone elses post in the prohibited carry section I was jst posting my finidings and results here in this thread.

Thank you.

You are correct, the Carry Prohibited Locations is just a database for looking up posted locations. Any thread for discussion should be started in this sub-forum.

His insurance company may have threatened to jack up his premiums and unless business drops enough due to boycotting it would make financial sense to post.

This is the feeling that I got when I talked with David, he did mention talking with their attorney and also the insurance company. All in all it was a very nice polite conversation and like I said, he is aware of losing business due to the posting.

I finally made the call about the gun buster signs at Bennett's and the Alamo Steakhouse. I spoke with a fellow by the name of David and his comment was that due to insurance and liabuilty issues they have decided to keep their restaraunts posted, he also does not think that the signs would deter any cime. Although he has a permit he does aslos believe in his right to post his business. I guess we talked about ten minutes, he was very nice but to the point and listened to my view points as well. I also suspect that he may be reading this forum as well since he did say he had a permit, and he also knows that there are customers boycotting his resturants because of the gunbuster signs.

I am one of them. But I support his right to run his business his way. Just if I don't need it, I won't carry my wallet though his doors.

Last week, I took some rings in a jewelry story to have them cleaned for the warranty and they tried to up sell me. I pointed out their posted sign and that I did not carry my wallet past that sign either. I had about a 10 minute talk with the manager. He had some questions, he might not have been sold but he seemed to get the idea that only law abiding people will follow those signs.