S&W "E" series 1911?

Links2k

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good...

The previous ones were actually pretty good and they did some real changes that make it better. Bigger extractor, no more 80 series pin block, and much better fitted trigger.

You can shake it and it no longer rattles too :-)

They are very good guns.

I've heard and read very good reviews on them. It's just hard for me to overlook the external extractor. I know it is probably a better design over the original but I just don't like the looks of them, just a personal preference.

I've heard and read very good reviews on them. It's just hard for me to overlook the external extractor. I know it is probably a better design over the original but I just don't like the looks of them, just a personal preference.

+1

I'm exactly the same way. S&W, Sig both make fine 1911s, I just can't bring myself to buy one with an external extractor. To me it's been proven that an internal can be perfectly reliable, so why no go with the original design?

To the OP, I've heard they are fine weapons and wouldn't hesitate to buy one based on function.

I'm hoping they come out with an all black Govt model (sans tac rail). That might be the only way I can handle the looks of the external extractor. If I wanted a Commander, I'd be all over that "round butt" model in all black.

Have heard plenty of good about the e-series.

I read a article were Larry Vickers praised the S&W external extractor. Errr maybe it was the sig?

Basically everyone does. Consensus is that it is a superior design, but doesn't look as fancy. Even JMB abandoned the internal design in favor of an external one.