Shooters Edge...

gunner

New indoor range in Piney Flats,Tn....first trip there today....Awesome facility and the staff are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet....top notch all the way.....if you;re looking for a range in NE TN,then look no further....seriously!.....as a side note....man im out of practice...no target pics from this trip...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 73challenger

It is very very nice! Pricey though so I don't make it there very often. I've thought about buying a membership but $350 is a lot of money.

It is very very nice! Pricey though so I don't make it there very often. I've thought about buying a membership but $350 is a lot of money.
I thought so too. $20 for 1 hr is high as well. I'm used to CCA in Knoxville where it's $10 shoot till your done.
Guest 73challenger

They have always let me shoot till I was done. If it was $10 I would be there ALOT more or if they had a $25-30 dollars a month plan.

$20/hr is pricey,but in NE TN we're kinda stuck.....Sevier Indoor Range is just as nice and cheaper,but ALOT farther away

We went to Sevier range about a month or so ago on vacation at PF. Staff was really great, they werent very busy so they let us stay as long as we wanted. Big thumbs up to those guys.

I've been there a few times. It's a nice place, but everything there costs too much. What little interaction I had with the staff was cordial and they seemed nice enough. But, considering you have to use factory ammo, if you go and shoot 100 rds. of 9mm in an hour, you have about 42-50 bucks in the session. That's just too much, especially given that there's places to shoot relatively close by, though outdoors, where you can shoot for free. The membership is too expensive as well, especially compared to the decently-priced private outdoor ranges in the area.

Not to mention that shooting indoors sucks. I'll shoot outside in the rain before I'll go shoot indoors, at that price anyway. Although I do like the programmable target system they have a Shooter's Edge.

Edited by JWinTN

They are awesome guys there and it's an amazing facility!! I just wish as everyone else has said that they would lower they're prices...If they would lower memberships I would totally buy one but $350 is a lot to drop!

Very nice facility and very nice people. I go by at least once a week.

I bought an annual membership, and in January, February and March I was glad I did. :poop:

I'll just suck it up in the winter ( i carry outside in the winter and wear a coat--better practice that way also.) I pay around $75 for an annual membership at a local gun club with pistol ranges, rifle range (up to 250 yrds) skeet, trap and a competition .22 rim-fire range. No way i'm dropping $50 a visit to shoot for a couple hours. Sorry.

Guest 73challenger
I'll just suck it up in the winter ( i carry outside in the winter and wear a coat--better practice that way also.) I pay around $75 for an annual membership at a local gun club with pistol ranges, rifle range (up to 250 yrds) skeet, trap and a competition .22 rim-fire range. No way i'm dropping $50 a visit to shoot for a couple hours. Sorry.

What range is that? Unaka? I would be a member of tac2 if it was in Washington county.

• 1 month later...
Guest Joshua8200

I just got done shooting at Shooter's Edge. I just went through my first 1000 rounds (not all fired at Shooter's Edge).

I've shot at Shooters Edge 3 times in the past 6 or 7 months. Each time has been a really great shooting experience. I dropped about $80 bucks, including ammo and gun rentals, the last time I went. But the staff were super helpful and informative in discussing the various firearms I rented. It really was well worth it.

I do agree they're a little pricey. Though if I weren't moving in less than a year, I would have considered paying for a membership. One of the problems with Unaka Rod and Gun, of which I am a member, is the limited hours the range is open.