2011 NFL Season

Guest WyattEarp

Guest WyattEarp
But yet you give dooley no slack.

I'm basing what I've seen off of all of last season, the bowl game and what I've seen so far this year.

only sporting wins against 3 non-con teams (all of which are not perennial bowl contenders) Montana, Cincinnati, and Buffalo, and you're a 2nd year coach in the SEC? absolutely pitiful.

Not one quality win against a quality opponent yet for Dooley. Here's his VICTORY List.

UT Martin - W - 50-0 (2010)

UAB - W - 32-29 (2 OT) (2010)

Memphis - W - 52-14 (2010)

Vandy - W - 24-10 (2010)

Kentucky - W - 24-10 (2010)

Montana - W - 42-16 (2011))

Cincinnati - W - 45-23 (2011)

Buffalo - W - 41-10 (2011)

Oregon - L - 48-13

Florida - L - 31-17

LSU - L - 16-14

Georgia - L - 41-14

Bama - L - 41-10

SCarol - L 38 - 24

N. Carolina - 30-27 (2OT)

Florida - L - 33-23

Georgia - L - 20-12

LSU - 38-7

Bama 38-6

S. Carolina 14-3

-------------------------

UT has been outscored 347-170 in all of their losses

28.9166 points per game - 14.166 points per game

vs SEC (in losses) - 10 games

outscored 269-130

26 ppg - 13 ppg

Last year's record of opponents that UT beat

Vandy - 2-10

Kentucky - 6-7

UAB - 4-8 (UT need 2 OT to beat them)

UT Martin - 6-5

Memphis 1-11

Kentucky - 6-7

This year

Cincinnati is 6-1

Buffalo - 6-7

Montana - 7-2

all three teams have poor SOS, and Buffalo and Montana aren't even FBS Division 1 schools.

1 win against a team with a winning record last year.

that's his resume of wins. Not so impressive when it's all put together and you can compare last year with what he's done so far this year. Vandy might not even be a surefire win for the Vols this season, they came up just short against Arkansas last Saturday.

couldn't beat a mediocre Florida team that is rebuilding, couldn't beat a mediocre S.Car team. got shellacked by LSU and Auburn, and has only managed to post 16 points TOTAL in the last 3 games.

I'm sure he'll make himself look good against MTSU this weekend though ;) (I'll be on hand on the sideline to photograph this game).

EXACTLY what I was going to post. He wants to give Tebow 32 games but thinks UT needs to be kicked out of the SEC. :woohoo: This goes along with pretty much everything else he post on this site...

I never said they need to be kicked out of the SEC. I said if they wanted a legit chance to contend, they should make a move to the Big East, ACC or Big 12. I'm being realistic, when was the last the time the Vols played in an SEC Championship or was even close to competing for a National Title?

Alabama, LSU and Auburn and Florida have been running the table in the SEC, and Georgia is usually in the mix, but lately they've fallen on harder times. How does UT even expect to compete with that?

There's nothing wrong with being passionate about your team and standing behind them, just don't be unrealistic about it. UT staying in the SEC with the level of competition and the caliber of coaches they go up against and the teams they have to face year in and year out, is football suicide.

You apparently have not seen their defense

Broncos or Lions? Broncos defense is terrible, but slightly better than last year. Lions defense is looking real good, Jim Schwartz has done a great job of changing the mentality up there. I wish Denver would bring in a quality defensive coordinator, someone proven that can turn our team around.

In the case of Tebow, anyone could see after last week's "miracle" anything short of that this week would be considered a step backwards for him. Now while I am not a Tebow fan I do like to keep an open mind about new players and let their on field actions convince me of what kind of player they are rather than listening to old washed up players turned commentators tell me what they think. It's just hard to do that though when so much preseason discussion had Tebow placed on a forecasted pedestal much higher than I think the best of players could achieve right out of the gate. I won't cut him slack for not being prepared. He is getting paid big money to perform and shouldn't have anything else to focus on but that job.

IMHO, Cam Newton shared some of the same preseason hype coming into the NFL but I imagine hestarted preparing long before the first real game hike was given to him and that now shows on the field.

Fans of Tebow can thank themselves for him being dragged through the mud over his terrible play. It's hard to watch someone you like fail so terribly. But I do agree he needs more time. Whether he uses it properly will be entirely up to him.

The hype on Tebow is astronomical. I don't get it at all. I'm not cutting him slack for not being prepared, but I don't think anyone can accuse him of not being prepared this offseason.

Tim Tebow, Broncos work out at Valor Christian High School | First-and-Orange

Broncos player workouts during NFL lockout continue, but change | First-and-Orange

Tebow prepared to work during lockout - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

Tebow breaks from playbook studies, joins Broncos' workout | NFL.com

Tebow using lockout 'to gain an edge' in NFL | Gatorsports.com

Tebow Proud Of His Offseason Conditioning « CBS Denver

his work ethic is phenomenal, his preparation is good, one of the problems plagueing him is his inability to overcome the bad habits he picked up in high school and college. This is not a case of Tebow not being prepared, this is a case of Tebow struggling to overcome the deficiencies that his critics scream about (his throwing mechanics, not planting both feet, not leading receivers, his slow release, his problem reading defenses and recognizing blitz schemes) every day.

I read somewhere it takes 300 hours of personal devotion for an athlete to break a bad fundamental or non-fundamental habit that pertains to their sport, that somewhere along the way they have developed and retained.

Another part of Tebow's problem is he is in some ways similar to Elway, because he's an improviser. If it all goes to hell, he's gonna do the next best thing, and that's run with the football, because that's where he excels.

But benching the kid after 2 bad performances, is not the answer.

I had him as the Best QB in this last draft. I think he is better then Luck. Mostly because of everything he can do. People forget Luck has two O-Linemen who are projected in the 1st or 2nd rd Makes your job easier. Not taking anything away from him, but it's the Jason Campbell Theory. We will never know how good he could have been if he had even a mediocre line in Washington. Now he is just trashed and will never reach his potential. If Luck goes to Miami he is in trouble....and that's because they have no line.

Tebow has less then Miami does. Miami should have won at least two games already. Coaching is the main problem there. Tebow could possibly turn into an average QB becasue of the huge heart that he has and his work ethic. The main thing he needs to do is work on his accuracy. But I will say that his decision making (not perfect) still isn't that bad. He is doing what the coaches are asking him to do. He should have had a nice TD on that first drive against Detroit, but his WR couldn't stay in bounds (which was 100% on the WR) then the game plan changed and they started to hand the ball off. He can make most of the throws, but he needs a couple things to happen.

1. More time (he needs to work more with the 1's and get comfortable).

2. Some help on Offense (no WR's worth a crap, and so so RB's)

3. A quality QB Coach! He needs to learn what it means to be a QB at this Level. Bring in a Vet to mentor him and a coach that is capable of teaching him.

Denver has been digging into UF's playbook to utitlize plays that he's more familiar with until he can adapt better to the pro-style system, but I'm really not understanding what the big deal is with running the shotgun formation. If that's what he's good at, why not use it? :shrug: Why does everyone think you have to run a pro-style offense? That's the coaches defeating themselves and the kid right off the bat. They need to work to Tebow's strengths, to minimize his errors and lower his chances of failure by utlizing an offense that he can run efficiently.

There is nothing wrong with the shotgun formation. Elway operated out of the gun for years and flourished as a result. Tom Brady operates mostly out of the shotgun.

Our Line need helps, he's getting little to no protection, but when he does have time, he holds the ball too long.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not an expert on UT football, but it was not that many years ago they played in the SEC title game. UC played in two BCS bowls and may well make another this year. UT beat them handily. UT went bowling last year. He must have done something right.

Dooley has had about a year and a half to recruit. Has lost several starting defenders as well as his starting qb this year. On a very young team those are death blows. Basically Dooley has not gotten a real chance so far.

Tebow may end up being the next steve young, but so far he is not even the next vince young.

Dalton, a true rookie is 5-2 on the worst franchise in the league. Cameron also a true rookie is looking pretty good though he has plenty of knocks against his style.

I ain't buying all the Tebow hype or your explanation of Dooley's or Tebows woes.

Guest WyattEarp
I am not an expert on UT football, but it was not that many years ago they played in the SEC title game. UC played in two BCS bowls and may well make another this year. UT beat them handily. UT went bowling last year. He must have done something right.

Dooley has had about a year and a half to recruit. Has lost several starting defenders as well as his starting qb this year. On a very young team those are death blows. Basically Dooley has not gotten a real chance so far.

Tebow may end up being the next steve young, but so far he is not even the next vince young.

Dalton, a true rookie is 5-2 on the worst franchise in the league. Cameron also a true rookie is looking pretty good though he has plenty of knocks against his style.

I ain't buying all the Tebow hype or your explanation of Dooley's or Tebows woes.

I don't know about worst, I think cleveland and miami have you beat. But cincy also has a better supporting cast for dalton than denver has for tebow.

I'm not buying all the hype either but he has demostrated the ability to win football games and at 2-3 he has a better record than cam newton (2-6).

Right now he's bad, he is struggling but I expect it from a player making his 5th nfl start.

He's really no different than any other rookie in the league except he is getting morr criticism tham anyone else who is in their firat season as a starter.

Guest Victor9er

I never said they need to be kicked out of the SEC. I said if they wanted a legit chance to contend, they should make a move to the Big East, ACC or Big 12. I'm being realistic, when was the last the time the Vols played in an SEC Championship or was even close to competing for a National Title?

Alabama, LSU and Auburn and Florida have been running the table in the SEC, and Georgia is usually in the mix, but lately they've fallen on harder times. How does UT even expect to compete with that?

There's nothing wrong with being passionate about your team and standing behind them, just don't be unrealistic about it. UT staying in the SEC with the level of competition and the caliber of coaches they go up against and the teams they have to face year in and year out, is football suicide.

Prior to 2003, do you know when the last time LSU had won a National Championship? 1958. (That's 45 years!) Before Nick Saban in 2001, the last SEC title they had won was in 1988. (13 years) And by the way, UT played LSU for the SEC Championship back in 2007, when LSU went on to win the National Championship.

The SEC has always been a tough confrence, even more so now. But it takes time to turn a program around. You can't just "jump ship" after two or three bad seasons. I'm no Vols fan by any means, and I could care less if they keep Dooley or not. But the fact is there isn't much for him to work with right now. If the team was full of talent and playing well then Fulmer would still be coaching. But he got booted for a reason. Then Kiffen flys in for a splendid one season run (sarcasm) before Dooley gets handed the mess to clean up. Top that off with the fact that his starting emerging star of a QB is injured and you've got an uphill battle in the toughest confrence.

Tennessee just doesn't have the depth of talent right now, but it takes time to build that depth. You can't build it in just two years. And that's no reason to leave a confrence. There are going to be tough times, not every team can go 10-1 in the SEC every year. Some teams are going to be strong while others struggle. And it's going to be like that for several years until one of the top programs falls down a bit and another climbs back up.

Edited by Victor9er
I don't know about worst, I think cleveland and miami have you beat. But cincy also has a better supporting cast for dalton than denver has for tebow.

I'm not buying all the hype either but he has demostrated the ability to win football games and at 2-3 he has a better record than cam newton (2-6).

Newton plays for a team that did not win much last year, 2 wins is a lot for them.

Andy Dalton does not have one starting receiver back from last year and that team with all pro skill players only won four games.

You keep making excuses for your boy. He has had an entire year of practice, plus what he has gotten this season. There is probably not one team in the NFL that he could play for.

Edited by Mike.357
Guest WyattEarp
Newton plays for a team that did not win much last year, 2 wins is a lot for them.

Andy Dalton does not have one starting receiver back from last year and that team with all pro skill players only one four games.

You keep making excuses for your boy. He has had an entire year of practice, plus what he has gotten this season. There is probably not one team in the NFL that he could play for.

have you seen our offensive line? or our defense? we don't have a running back that can pound the ball and punish defenses. The only talent we have on defense is Dawkins (he's getting old), Champ Bailey (who's lost a step and is slowing down), and Von Miller, our insane LB draft pick who's on course to get 16 sacks this season. When you make your 2nd year QB start throwing the ball 40 times a game against a well balanced team like the Lions, what do you expect?

Let's see here, Dalton is 5-2 against

Cleveland

Buffalo

Jacksonville

Indianapolis

Seattle

the Bengals have a win against one team with a winning record and that was against Buffalo. If Tebow was playing all of those cupcakes week in and week out, he'd be 2-0 right now, and if he'd have started the season, he very well might be 5-2. He came close to beating the Chargers after stepping in at half time, but Orton got credit for the loss because the Broncos were already down to them when Tebow took over.

but Dalton's so good, but he couldn't even beat my lowly Orton led Broncos...go figure. Good thing Tebow didn't start, the Broncos would have won by 2 or 3 touchdowns at least.

We'll see how well the rest of the season pans out for Dalton when the Bengals go play the Steelers twice, Ravens twice, the Titans, and Texans, and still have to play the Browns again. Arizona, and St. Louis should be easy wins. But I doubt the Bengals will make the playoffs.

Sorry, but Newton may be lighting up the stat board, but he's not getting them wins. You can put up all the stats you want, but if you're not winning games, it just doesn't matter.

I'm not making any excuses for Tebow, every QB gets a pass their first year under center. If they keep him and play him next year and he still looks like this, then I'll agree he's not capable of being a starting QB in this league. I bet if he played in New England Belichick could make a winner out of him. The Patriots almost grabbed him, but McDaniels traded up to get him before they could, and Belichick needed defensive help.

Patriots have radar on Tim Tebow and more for draft day | masslive.com

Simply put Tim Tebow has done what any new QB in the league does, (taking this from the article I posted below) " Tebow has simply proven what most NFL players, fans, and coaches have believed for years: rookies generally don’t come into the league and have success right away."

This article might be one of the best I've read about Tim Tebow.

Tim Tebow Double Standard masks this reality: his start compares favorably with that of numerous Hall of Fame QBs

I'm basing what I've seen off of all of last season, the bowl game and what I've seen so far this year.

only sporting wins against 3 non-con teams (all of which are not perennial bowl contenders) Montana, Cincinnati, and Buffalo, and you're a 2nd year coach in the SEC? absolutely pitiful.

have you seen our offensive line? or our defense? we don't have a running back that can pound the ball and punish defenses.

What am I not getting here? UT has the same issues you say causes Tebow's problems. But it is ok for him and not Dooley? Give me a break.

Guest WyattEarp
What am I not getting here? UT has the same issues you say causes Tebow's problems. But it is ok for him and not Dooley? Give me a break.
I'm willing to bet that Tebow will be gone from Devner after this season anyway.

;) comparing college football and nfl is two different things. NFL teams are relegated to a 53 man roster. They only have so much money they can spend.

It's a little different in the NCAA, you can go out and recruit whoever you want, if you can get them to sign, they'll come play for you.

but I'll say it again, Dooley's already had a season and a half, with 3 wins in 2 seasons over teams with winning records, if I'm the AD at UT, I'd be very concerned.

injuries are part of the game, and I agree that Dooley's had some bad luck with players getting injured, but it's almost the end of year 2, how much longer does he get a pass? You can only use the injury excuse for so long.

on the contrary, Tebow is making his 5th NFL start on a team that has a lot of personnel issues, a lack of talent, under a head coach who is not even halfway into first season with the team, and trying to clean up a cluster **** of a mess left behind by Josh McDaniels, and not only that, but a team that switched from the 3-4 to the 4-3 (fox's philosphy). You can't blame hardly any of that on Tim Tebow. That falls on Pat Bowlen and the Front Office for allowing the McDaniels situation to get out of control, much as it falls on the AD at UT for allowing the Fulmer/Kiffin fiasco to unravel.

I get that Lane Kiffin left a hell of a mess at UT for the AD and Dooley to clean up, and no that's not his fault, but Dooley hasn't even beaten a single SEC team with a winning record. I don't think it's that he's a bad coach, I just think he's too inexperienced to be a head coach of an SEC team. If someone like Mike Leach had been hired, I think the results would be a lot different.

at least Kiffin beat a couple SEC teams and by a pretty good margin. South Carolina was 7-6, and Georgia was 8-5.

University of Tennessee Athletics: Football

Guest adamoxtwo

What it comes down to is Cam has Steve Smith and Can is the best of the three QB's being taked about right now. Let me stress RIGHT NOW CAM is the best QB. Dalton is a close second and Tebow should be on the bench if they refuse to play him to his talents. The problem is that teams tried the Wildcat and it failed. Tebow has a long way to go to be a reliable QB by any stretch of the imagination. And a lot of it isn't his fault. You can't learn to throw the football with terrible WR's and no Line in front of you. When you say No No is going to run the ball there isn't a Defensive Coordinator that says man we have to game plan to stop that man. No its more like hey isn't that cute he's still on the team. And again that's a testament to the Offensive line. Take Troy Aikman. He would not have had the career that he had if he didn't have that Line in front of him (arguable the best O-Line Ever assembled). Same for Emmit. Neither was that good, but that offensive line was amazing and the coaching was top shelf. The bronco's have a new Coach and no off season. I hope who ever was expecting too much from them doesn't have to take a piss test because they are smoking something. Next year they will take a huge leap. A Full Off Season to teach Tebow and sure up that line will make a huge difference.

Guest WyattEarp
I'm willing to bet that Tebow will be gone from Devner after this season anyway.
if the media and the fans have their way, yes he will be.
I am about dumbfounded by the sideways logic here.
yeah, im pretty dumbfounded by yours too Mike. ;)
What it comes down to is Cam has Steve Smith and Can is the best of the three QB's being taked about right now. Let me stress RIGHT NOW CAM is the best QB. Dalton is a close second and Tebow should be on the bench if they refuse to play him to his talents. The problem is that teams tried the Wildcat and it failed. Tebow has a long way to go to be a reliable QB by any stretch of the imagination. And a lot of it isn't his fault. You can't learn to throw the football with terrible WR's and no Line in front of you. When you say No No is going to run the ball there isn't a Defensive Coordinator that says man we have to game plan to stop that man. No its more like hey isn't that cute he's still on the team. And again that's a testament to the Offensive line. Take Troy Aikman. He would not have had the career that he had if he didn't have that Line in front of him (arguable the best O-Line Ever assembled). Same for Emmit. Neither was that good, but that offensive line was amazing and the coaching was top shelf. The bronco's have a new Coach and no off season. I hope who ever was expecting too much from them doesn't have to take a piss test because they are smoking something. Next year they will take a huge leap. A Full Off Season to teach Tebow and sure up that line will make a huge difference.
I agree with your post, well done. And something interesting that relates to Tebow, Steve Young in his first 2 seasons with Tampa Bay went 2-14 both seasons. 32 games, he played like crap, was boo'd, mocked, made fun of in the papers, criticized by announcers and analysts. And these jerkoffs today can't give Tebow more than 5 starts? That there is the double standard of all this. No one really knows what Tebow is capable of, and if these clowns parading around on ESPN with their Anti-Tebow campaign have their say, no one ever will. Bill Walsh took notice of Steve Young's abilities, called Tampa after Young's second season and asked about a trade. Tampa gladly obliged, they couldn't wait to get rid of him, the Tampa media thought he was the worst QB ever. Bill Walsh laughed all the way to the bank as he cashed that check several times. I wonder what the reaction in Tampa Bay was as the final seconds ticked off the clock in February 1995 as Young won the Super Bowl against the San Diego Chargers in a dominating fashion? Wonder how they felt in Tampa when Young gave his Hall of Fame speech in Canton the night he was enshrined? I bet a lot of former Tampa Exec's, coaches, players, analysts, announcers and reporters had a mouthful of crow. Interstingly enough, Young was left handed. He had a funky football delivery. Scrambles a lot. Threw without planting both feet. He alos had flawed mechanics and was not a pocket passer but he worked on them and overcame them. Oh and he didn't play in an pro-style offense at BYU either. Cam Newton has the support of a power running game with D'Angelo Williams. Cam has a halfway decent Oline, Cam has a veteran TE to throw to in Greg Olsen, and as you mentioned he also has Steve Smith to throw to. Cam also has a coaching staff that is playing to Cam's strengths and calling plays that will work for Cam. Problem is, Carolina still doesn't have the defense yet to win games, but they'll get there. Denver would be wise do the same thing Carolina has done with Cam Newton, and that's build a team around him. Tebow Time: Broncos Need To Build Around Tebow | The Penalty Flag

As a Bronco fan, I'll chime in on the Denver/Tebow situation...

1. I didn't like the pick when McDummy drafted him, still don't. We had too many other needs in the draft that we could have sured up with that pick.

2. He's on our team, and like it or not he probably gives us the best chance to win any given game. Kid's gotta cut his teeth sometime, and a year on the bench doesn't do s**t. I can spend a year on an NFL sideline holding a clipboard, etc. and not do better than what Tebow's doing.

3. Any O-line that has 8 or 9 guys in the box ain't gonna hold up for long. Doesn't take a math-magician to figure that out.

What Denver & Tebow need is time to gel as a team. Due to the shortened preseason and coaching change we got bent over pretty hard on this season (actually not a fitting use of the analogy as Barrel Man passed away this off season, RIP Sir).

This year is pretty much a "gather experience and build on it for next year" for us. Sucks too, since we have some really talented players who are getting on up there in football years and may not have many left in the league.

True fans stick by their teams thru thick and thin, and I'll bleed Orange and Blue til the day I die, just tough to sit and watch some mistakes made by a kid (F%*@ that McDaniel's *#&hole) who gets a chance to really do something great and trashes it because he's got no pride in what he's doing, let alone himself.

As far as UT and Derek Dooley go, the guy should get one more season, if he doesn't produce next year, as an AD, you sit him down and tell him "Look all the guys in the program this year are yours, if you can't make something of it I'll be interviewing candidates for your position before the season is over. Get your staff together and dig deep if you want to coach here again next year, son."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest lostpass

What is all this Tebow controversy about? The guy sucks right now. He's a horrible NFL quarterback. did someone actually compare Tebow and Elway? Tebow blows monkeys, Tebow is horrible, he shouldn't be on the field.

But all that is right this second stuff. Tebow can be good if he gets a little time. His biggest problem doesn't have to do with a lack of talent that guy is clueless out there. I have a strong suspicion that Tebow has Heath Schuler syndrome. He isn't that smart and physical skills are as pronounced in the pros as they are in college. He can be a really good quarterback but it will take some time.

Guest WyattEarp
What is all this Tebow controversy about? The guy sucks right now. He's a horrible NFL quarterback. did someone actually compare Tebow and Elway? Tebow blows monkeys, Tebow is horrible, he shouldn't be on the field.

But all that is right this second stuff. Tebow can be good if he gets a little time. His biggest problem doesn't have to do with a lack of talent that guy is clueless out there. I have a strong suspicion that Tebow has Heath Schuler syndrome. He isn't that smart and physical skills are as pronounced in the pros as they are in college. He can be a really good quarterback but it will take some time.

the controversy is that because he's Tim Tebow, he's not being held to the same standard as the rest of the qb's who have become before him and because he had 2 bad games, 1 of which he won, he should be benched and Denver should find another solution, because apparently if he doesn't get it after 5 games, he nevers gonna get it.

yep I did. Tebows stats in his first 5 games are better than Elways, and Steve Youngs and several other greats. Surpassed only by Tom Brady and Dan Marino. but we've already hashed this several posts above. I am not saying he will be elite, or as great as some of these guys, I'm just saying he should get the same chance they all got to prove or disprove himself. Aikman looked worse than Tebow in his first two starts, and no one criticized him the way the sports media is piling on Tebow. it's ridiculous. Give him 9 more games and see what he can do, if he can't, then everyone can say, see he couldnt. If he can, then they can all shut the hell up and go gawk and drool over someone else.

How 'bout a redneck analogy

Tebo is like Obama

He was a mistake. People blame his shortcomings on everybody else.

After several "seasons" of screwing up his followers will still thing he's the "great one"

No matter how oblivious he is to whats really going on, they still want him

He's a lost ball in high weeds.

Cheers :)

You pointed out how poor Dalton's five wins are, as they only beat one winning team and lost to Denver.

I did not expect him to win five games the entire season. He has lost to a good 49'r team. And to Denver at Mile High. Nothing at all for him to hang his head over. I don't kid myself that Cincy is a top team.I do not expect them to beat Pittsburgh at all. If they sweep Cleveland and split with Baltimore they might sneak in. Would be nice to beat Nashville this week.

Tebow played when denver beat Miami, thats a lot isn't it? Got no idea who else they beat in spite of him playing.

Tim Tebow isn't an average QB. I think everyone will agree with that. For him to be successful in the NFL, an offensive coordinator is going to have to CREATE an entire offensive package around his skill sets. That means writing a new playbook and bringing in personnel that will highlight his abilities. He will need strong tight ends, backs and a good slot receiver. He will rarely be a deep threat but with the right package around him, he can be successful in the NFL.

He is NOT going to get a good situation in Denver. It won't happen. They want another Elway and he isn't that. He would do better somewhere like Miami where they aren't afraid of changing a system. Although I don't think he will end up there either.

Alternatively, Tebow could be a great full back or tight end in the NFL but he won't change positions.

And your hatred for him is based on what?

Me ?? Hatred is a little strong, I just dislike him from FL days. Just get tried of all his groupies making him something he's not, like a great quarterback. Things like no receivers, no line etc. So Denver kept the best QB on the bench because he had bad players not likely. Tenn didn't blame Vinces playing on everybody else. He just sucked. I've yet to hear anything positive from the sports programs about his quality of play. Tebo just wasn't prepared to play pro ball. So all the groupies can continue make excuses and cheer him on.

capbyrd called it right when he said he would make a great tight end I agree with this, but still I wouldn't like him.

Edited by laktrash