2011 NFL Season

Guest WyattEarp

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WyattEarp
happy for all you Bronco/Tebow fans. Pretty sure the fun is over now though. They ain't gonna beat New England.

I am thinking New England vs. Baltimore for the AFC title.

I hope the Texans kick the crap out of the Ravens. I dont count on the Broncos beating the Pats, but I hope it's a good game. the Ravens are a team I absolutely despise, especially that murderer Ray Lewis with his stupid dance he does. but the Texans can beat the Ravens, they gotta force Flacco to make a bunch of mistakes, he's the weak link on that team. If they put pressure on him, get him to fumble or throw int's, and go 3 and out, they have a chance!

I am real torn over who to pick in the NFC.

I think NY can beat GB, but won't be able to match points.

And NO is better than SF but it is hard to go west coast and win

If Brandon Jacobs runs the ball like he did yesterday. They'll be hard to beat. I'd say giants, saints. with saints prevailing.

I think Texans, Patriots with old pats winning that one.

But when it comes down to brass tacks I wouldn't bet money on any of it.

Sent from my Mom's basement

"Tom Brady, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Patriots flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity Tom, said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here." Tom felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a huge 3-story mansion with Orange and Blue sidewalks and driveways, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Broncos logo flag waving, a swimming pool in the shape of a horse, a Broncos logo in every window, and a Tim Tebow jersey on the front door.

Tom looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I won 3 Super Bowls, and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said "So what's your point Tom?"

"Well, why does Tim Tebow get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Tom, that's not Tim's house, it's mine."

Guest WyattEarp

the dream season ended, we got our butts kicked. but it was fun and exciting. let's see what happens in the off-season. Championship sunday next week, then 2 weeks off till the Super Bowl. after the Super Bowl, it's a sad time of year for me because no football is on ;)

sorry your team lost Wyatt. At least they made the playoffs.

Downside is they finished the playoff season and ended with a losing record. Even the Bungals did not do that.

I was not gonna watch but I did. The Saints/49er game was exciting as could be.. don't much care who won or lost though.

The Denver game was over in the 1st quarter, no suprise really. Tebow did not lose it. New England beat the crap out of the Denver defense in the first 12 minutes. Tebow does not have the tools to make that up. Maybe in the future, who knows?

Seems they got Tebow figured out for now,

prolly gonna be NE vs. GB in the bowl.

Guest WyattEarp
sorry your team lost Wyatt. At least they made the playoffs.

Downside is they finished the playoff season and ended with a losing record. Even the Bungals did not do that.

I was not gonna watch but I did. The Saints/49er game was exciting as could be.. don't much care who won or lost though.

The Denver game was over in the 1st quarter, no suprise really. Tebow did not lose it. New England beat the crap out of the Denver defense in the first 12 minutes. Tebow does not have the tools to make that up. Maybe in the future, who knows?

Seems they got Tebow figured out for now,

prolly gonna be NE vs. GB in the bowl.

no sir, we did not finish with a losing record. we finished 9-9, not a winning record, but not a losing record. Not every team has figured out Denver, Pittsburgh is still holding their pride in their hand wondering...wha happen?

As Tebow improves and becomes a better pocket passer and works on his mechanics, fundamentals and anticipation and delivery, the broncos offense will open up more because Tebow will then be able to do more things that are necessary of a starting QB, making Tebow even more dynamic than he already is now.

You are correct that Tebow did not lose the game for us, our defense got pounded like a German tank unit in WW2 on D-Day! I expected a better game than what we saw, but I must have been fooling myself. It was 14-0 at the end of the first quarter, but then Quinton Carter picked off Tom Brady, and then Denver scored and made it 14-7, and I thought we had a ball game. fooled myself once again. That game was over at half-time. Tebow didn't lose it, but 9/26 is troublesome. I think Denver needs to go get Matt Flynn who is an unrestricted free agent from Green Bay, and sit Tebow and work on his mechanics, flaws, delivery and he can get a better grasp of the offense, work on timing with his receivers, and sit for a few years like Steve Young did. I think he will be better, but he's got work to do.

Fact of the matter is, the Vilnius Nastavnic, Belichick (Villainous Schoolmaster) and his XO, Tom Brady, just took us out back behind the woodshed and showed us and the nation why they are the masters of the playoffs and why that tandem coach/QB have the best playoff record in the history of the game. Belichick/Brady are an NFL best 14-5 in the post season, surpassing Vince Lombardi/Bart Starr.

love 'em or hate 'em, Belichick and Brady are a deadly threat in the playoffs, and those 2 will be enshrined in Canton when it's all said and done, and both will be first ballot selections. If they win it all this year, Brady will tie Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw for most Super Bowl wins by a QB, and Belichick will tie Chuck Knoll for most Super Bowl wins by a coach. Belichick/Brady will become the 2nd coach/qb tandem in NFL History to win 4 Super Bowl's (Knoll/Bradshaw) as a tandem.

If the Texans don't win today, I'm rooting for the Patriots to go all the way. No New England fan here, but I respect what they have built in New England over the past 12 years, and if my team is gonna get it's butt kicked like it did last night, then the team that did the butt kicking should go all the way. They have been impressive to watch over the years, and I hate the Baltimore Ravens in every sense, even worse than I hate the Raiders.

Edited by WyattEarp
Guest WyattEarp
Wow. What's next? Packers re-Winning the Super Bowl?

;)

nighty night. no repeat for you.

the bad thing about that is, we get to watch the most boring NFC Championship game ever now between 2 teams that are nobodies. oh well, guess if I have to root for someone, I'll go with San Francisco.

Guest WyattEarp
So do y'all think New England is unstoppable? Who has the best chance to beat them?

Sent from my Mom's basement

i dont know man, 49'ers and Giants defenses look really good, we all know what happened LAST time New England thought they were unstoppable. tough to call. they gotta get past Baltimore first though.