Texas Custom Holsters - How to become a Sponsor

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam
That looks strikingly like a jab at some free advertising there. I think a simple, "Hey, I make holsters and need to know how to become a sponsor" would have done the same thing. I'll be interested to see if they participate in the future.
Don"t know if I could blame him with your warm welcome and all. Looks like he's looking for sponsership info & offering to donate & become part of the community. If David feels differently this thread can be easily deleted.

Hey ya all,

We are happy to participate in your forum and help support you. And just so you know we are for real we have just sent a display holster and a gift certificate for a free holster down to the Georgia Carry Convention happening this weekend so they can be auctioned on Saturday to help support the forum.

Now, I got one reply that said to PM David so is that the name I should use to contact him because I do see that he is the admin for the forum. I will get in touch with him and work out some sponsorship and we will also be happy to donate to events that you are having.

Thanks,

Jerry

Don"t know if I could blame him with your warm welcome and all. Looks like he's looking for sponsership info & offering to donate & become part of the community. If David feels differently this thread can be easily deleted.

Considering there are plenty of paid benefactors here who do holster work and paid sponsors who do sell their own products as well, I think my comment is warranted. The first post was not made in the introduction forum, nor was it made in the support forum, but here and it reads like an advertisement with the OP's business info clearly laid out. I've been around web forums enough to see business people do hit & run posts like this to drum up some free business. I know of three Tennssee based leather holster makers who are long-time forum members who are all paid benefactors and are very careful not to use the forum to "advertise" their products in such a blatant manner.

I know one who for an absolute fact contacted TGO David quietly to find out about paid sponsorship and was unable to afford the cost because they are a very small and do it as a side-business. I also know for a fact that they are active users of this forum and have not made a blatant "advertisement" of their work because they don't want to violate forum rules and take away from the paid sponsors who have dropped a decent chunk of change to officially offer their wares here as a business sponsor. Rather, they quietly go about their regular forum activities and sell a holster here and there to forum members who can't find what they need elsewhere. I am certain that both would benefit from some free advertising in their own thread, but the rules don't allow it, a rule that has been respected for obvious reasons.

I hold to my original comments and believe a simple, "How can I become a paid sponsor?" would have been more than sufficient and not any problem at all. Assuming it was an honest error, I do think the thread should be edited regardless. It's simply not fair for those who pay to advertise to allow someone to pop in and advertise their items like that.

Based on this thread and the mod's response, it seems that the rules regarding advertizing aren't really all that important after all.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey eyebedam,

I have tried twice to PM - TGODavid and he does not respond to me at all. We want to help the Forum as a Sponsor, and be part of the community. We will work with you all any way we can to be able to post threads to the Trading Post/ Gear Classifieds, and Firearms & Gear / Accessories. If it takes a donation to do this then we will donate, or if there is a annual Site Sponsor fee we can pay we will do that. I have been able to work with about 15 different Forums in the last month or so and will just tell you now we have paid anywhere from $60.00 - $150.00 annual for pretty much the ability to post. We are not interested in Banners, or our own Subforum, just the ability to post threads about our product.

Any help you can give would certainly be appreciated.

Jerry

Welcome to the forum.

With the top leather holster makers having six month delivery times and very high prices; we can always use more holster makers.

I don’t keep guns long enough to order from someone with those kind of delivery times. :rolleyes:

Edited by DaveTN
  • Administrator

Several problems here...

1. I have not received a PM or an email from the OP.

2. The OP's original posting was not the recommended way to start a working relationship as it contained a lot of advertising verbiage.

3. There is a big link at the bottom of each page labeled "Advertise With Us" as well as within the Code of Conduct as well as within the new user registation screens. It's kind of hard to miss our stance on unsolicited advertising if you are sincere about being a good neighbor.

4. Several unwarranted contacts within this thread from users who should have left it to the Staff to handle by reporting the post using the button included inside each post.

OP - contact me directly.