HTC Sensation

I have been a T-Mobile customer for over 11 years now. I work in Europe most of the time and they are awesome over there and everywhere we go in the USA. Several guys that I work with have unlocked Iphone4's I honestly have spent a few hundred hours offshore playing with them. We were about to switch carriers so we could get the Iphones then I heard that T-Mobile had the new HTC Sensation, funny thing I just read several articles about that phone from tech magazines in the UK,

We upgraded our Beloved Blackberrys yesterday to the new HTC's and I can honestly say that it blows away the Iphone 4, any of you that want a kick ass smartphone and are T-Mobile customers should check these out they are truly awesome!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Been a T-Mobile customer for a couple years. I'm not overly satisfied with their data connectivity. You pretty much have to be in a major metro area to get 3G (unlike with say Verizon where if you're anywhere on their network, you've got 3G). I even got 3G with Cricket where I live but not with T-Mobile. Other than that I can't complain. I'll have to check out the HTC.

Guest nysos

android is the way to go if you are tech savvy in any way, iphones are for people that just want something that is simple/works/but does a lot

one thing I have to give apple credit for, is they still have the best touch screen software I have seen, very few come close.

• Administrator
android is the way to go if you are tech savvy in any way, iphones are for people that just want something that is simple/works/but does a lot

Meh.

I do hardcore tech every day for a living but I've preferred my iPhone for the simple fact that it just works. I don't have to pull the battery because of needing a reset, I don't have to worry as much about rogue code upsetting the ecosystem, etc. It just. Works.

That said, my next phone will likely be the Droid Bionic because I'm getting to where I actually could use some of the tools that the open-ecosystem provides, but I'm going to sit and watch for a while before making the leap again. I've been burned by two Android phones in the past and don't want a repeat.

Guest WyattEarp

i like my android, but i hate all the unnecessary apps that my Droid Incredible seems to want to run at will, if they could fix that problem I'd be happy.

May consider switching to the new Iphone 5 within the next year. haven't decided.

I dumped T-Mobile like a bad habit after being with them for 6 1/2 years back in January to go with Verizon, and I haven't had 2nd thoughts either.

i like my android, but i hate all the unnecessary apps that my Droid Incredible seems to want to run at will, if they could fix that problem I'd be happy.

May consider switching to the new Iphone 5 within the next year. haven't decided.

I dumped T-Mobile like a bad habit after being with them for 6 1/2 years back in January to go with Verizon, and I haven't had 2nd thoughts either.

It's called rooting the phone and you open a whole new world of possibilities including no bloatware.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

my Droid X is rooted as was my original Droid. Motorola is the most durable and I need that because of my Job climbing trees. I wouldn't have a smart phone if it wasn't rooted. Battery life is greatly improved and it's much more stable. My contract is over and I'm month to month. I kind of like no contract. Verizon has been a lot better to me since I'm not locked in. Bill has gone done for some reason as well.

Edited by hornett22
Guest Lester Weevils

Been sticking with the ancient Treo because it works fabulous as a phone. I like the upfront keyboard and the winmobile calendar/todo/contact list works great. The Treo has been tough as nails. Knock on wood.

Been trying to talk myself into a new smartphone but reading the user reviews-- Most all the available phones have at least 20 percent of reviewers saying stuff like, "Worst phone ever. Sounds terrible. Drops calls. Crashes daily. Poor battery life. Avoid like the plague. Should have kept the old phone."

Maybe one should only believe the glowing reviews and discount the bad user reviewers as idiots. But it ain't encouraging to see so many bad user reviews.

Ain't gonna buy a phone without a querty keyboard so the iphone is out.

Last time I looked the expensive Motorola ES400S had the best reviews from actual users, but I just went on the sprint site and the most recent user reviewers hate the phone. So that one doesn't have near-universal praise anymore either.

Motorola ES400S Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Guest bkelm18
Been sticking with the ancient Treo because it works fabulous as a phone. I like the upfront keyboard and the winmobile calendar/todo/contact list works great. The Treo has been tough as nails. Knock on wood.

Been trying to talk myself into a new smartphone but reading the user reviews-- Most all the available phones have at least 20 percent of reviewers saying stuff like, "Worst phone ever. Sounds terrible. Drops calls. Crashes daily. Poor battery life. Avoid like the plague. Should have kept the old phone."

Maybe one should only believe the glowing reviews and discount the bad user reviewers as idiots. But it ain't encouraging to see so many bad user reviews.

Ain't gonna buy a phone without a querty keyboard so the iphone is out.

Last time I looked the expensive Motorola ES400S had the best reviews from actual users, but I just went on the sprint site and the most recent user reviewers hate the phone. So that one doesn't have near-universal praise anymore either.

Motorola ES400S Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Any popular phone, heck any popular anything, is going to have hundreds if not thousands of reviews. People are going to be dissatisfied. People are going to get lemons. They're electronics, they're not perfect. It's what the warranty is for. If something has 2000 positive reviews and 50 negative reviews, I'd say it's a fair chance it's an ok item to purchase.

Guest Lester Weevils
I went back to my treo 680 for fun one day, after having android for 2 years, and almost threw the treo out the window out of frustration.

Thanks Chad

What deficiencies of the treo bugged you the most? Was it a WinMobile treo or a PalmOS treo?

I haven't managed yet to be addicted to ''Touch and swipe" GUI but may eventually prefer it. Haven't yet had an android with a dedicated keyboard.

Have had an iPod touch a couple years and hardly use it. I don't like the design and features of the iTunes media player and the "touch and swipe" interface seems to require more and bigger finger gestures than the Treo. I despise the iPod touch on-screen keyboard. About the only app I use on it is the stopwatch. It makes ALMOST as good a stopwatch as a genuine stopwatch made of gears and springs. But the "firm click" on a real stopwatch isn't as error prone as the "soft click" on the stopwatch app. I would despise the iPod Touch just as much or more if it happened to also contain a phone. If an iPhone is basically an iPod Touch with a phone built-in, then no thanks!

Got a Motorola Xoom a couple months ago. I like it better than the iPod Touch and played with the xoom a lot for a couple of weeks. But it hasn't been booted for at least a month. So far the Xoom is a solution in search of a problem though I'll eventually figure out something it is good for. If somebody made a MatLab clone for the Xoom that might be just the thing. Giant calculator on steroids! If it was an iPad rather than a Xoom it probably would have got similar neglect.

Any popular phone, heck any popular anything, is going to have hundreds if not thousands of reviews. People are going to be dissatisfied. People are going to get lemons. They're electronics, they're not perfect. It's what the warranty is for. If something has 2000 positive reviews and 50 negative reviews, I'd say it's a fair chance it's an ok item to purchase.

You are probably correct. The high percentage of bad reviews just contribute to FUD (fear uncertainty and doubt). Unless I see something I just can't live without, probably just wait till the Treo goes up in smoke. :D

Guest Lester Weevils
Treo is palm os. Poor resolution screen, lack o multi tasking, slow, only one browser window, etc. I loved it back in the day, but phones have come a long ways in a short time.

If you don't like the touch I highly doubt you'll like the iPhone.

Thanks Chad.

My Treo is a 700WX. WinMobile 5.1. Wouldn't mind if it was faster but seems fast enough. Will occasionally do internet or email but the primary used applications are Calendar, Tasks, and Contacts.

I have a 1 bit brain with a parity error. Before PDA's would carry daytimers or shirt pocket notebooks to remember that I should breathe, go to work, or pick up the kid after school. Then had a couple of palm PDA's before getting the Treo. PDA's work lots better than pocket notebooks to help me remember my name or what planet I'm on.

Dunno about the recent stuff, but palm has made good hardware. My old PalmOS Tungsten C still works perfectly. Its got to be at least 10 years old. I use it daily as the favorite calculator. A small company Infinity Softworks has made lots of calculator programs over the years. Nowadays the fellow seems to concentrate on industry-specific calculators and a simple scientific calculator. I don't think he sells PowerOne Graph any more, but maybe. Perhaps he got tired of porting the same (complicated) program to numerous platforms. Or maybe there wasn't enough market for PowerOne Graph.

It runs great on the Tungsten C. I like iPowerOne Graph better than any dedicated scientific calculator I know about, for my uses. I wouldn't mind it running on a bigger screen. Would buy an updated PowerOne Graph for the iPod Touch or Xoom without hesitation. The only missing feature would be a full-blown programming language. But it has a "solver" feature that eliminates many needs for a programming language. You can enter fairly complex equations into the solver with ascii named variables and save the equation for future use. Then call up that equation in the solver, insert values for all vars except the one you need, click "solve" and it uses successive approximation to find a decently accurate answer for the unknown. It is especially useful for equations that would hurt yer brain doing algebra to get the unknown all by itself on one side of the equation. It will solve even if the unknown is wrapped inside a cosine inside an exponent or whatever. Stuff that would hurt my brain trying to simplify to solvable form with pencil and paper algebra.

Searched the android store awhile ago and didn't see anything that looked near as polished available for android yet. Just lots of simple calculators or TI-15 emulators, often with user reviews complaining about numerous bugs.

Apologies drifting off topic.

I guess that I should have mentioned this, first and foremost before all the other cool things in these new phones I put priority on the phone itself. As far as just a phone my Blackberry 9700 was the best I have ever used as far as clear calls and reception, this Sensation works better my wife and I have been shocked that it picks up where the Blackberrys did not And the calls are much clearer.