Williamson county rally point

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nicemac
Morning or afternoon is fine with me but I think bigwakes needed it to be afternoon. How about 1PM?

Also, is this the same range that used to be Owl Hollow Gun Club? If so I've been there once so I can probably find it okay...if it's someplace else then I may need directions! :)

Directions

Thinking on it now, If Bigwakes can't make it I'm back to early morning. It's easier on me and it's nice and cool, fewer people. Better all around.

Robert, how 'bout 8:30-9 or so?

Come on, anyone else? Nicemac, what about you?

My pastor is used to not seeing me on Sunday morning. :) I can make it on a Sunday morning, including this Sunday.

Looks like, though, that might not work for everyone...meeting on Sunday mornings are probably only food for heathens and semi-heathens like you and I. :)

My pastor is used to not seeing me on Sunday morning. :) I can make it on a Sunday morning, including this Sunday.

Looks like, though, that might not work for everyone...meeting on Sunday mornings are probably only food for heathens and semi-heathens like you and I. :)

Yeah, I like to think I'm only semi-heathen at this point.

Caster and I met this morning about 9. I got to demonstrate my shooting skills (which didn't take long) and I managed to get a mag stuck in my FS2000. :blush:

It was busy at the range this morning but a good morning just the same.

Yes it was, but the mag sticking was a downer. I not only have my luck but I cast it in a 10ft radius for others to suffer as well.

Yes it was, but the mag sticking was a downer. I not only have my luck but I cast it in a 10ft radius for others to suffer as well.

I don't think bad luck had anything to do with it...more a matter of stupid on my part! Funny thing, even on the FNH forums, there seems to be disagreement about the EMag...some say it's just fine and others say not to use anything other than a quality AR15 style mag. At any rate it looks as if there is some major disassembly in my FS2000's future as well as purchasing some good quality AR15 mags!

Just a quick update...I posted about my problem with the stuck Emag on the FNH forum - one of the engineers (now retired) from FNH contacted me and advised me that the FS2K does NOT like Emags or Pmags for that matter; AR15 style only...he also gave me some pointers about how to get the mag released which worked well and I now have a functioning FS2000 again!

I'm a little disappointed in that I bought a bunch of Emags (you know, for when the SHTF) because of their ruggedness and, I thought, interchangeability between both of my SCARs and my FS2000...I've only got a few AR15 metal mags so now I probably need to buy more of those. :)

Edited by RobertNashville