• Food
  • Glass Containers
  • Laser Pointers
  • Noise Makers
  • Throwing Items
  • Weapons (with or without permit)

Edited by wcsc12
Guest kirkosaurus
web-site says it's a NO-NO, but the entranches are NOT posted.

And this would be a good example of concealed carry being more appropriate than open carry. :hiding:

Broomsticks? Wth are these sports fans doin quidditch suicides outta the bleachers?

via EPIC4G SRF1.1.0 by Android Creative Syndicate

As some may or may not know...if a team wins all games of series it is called a "sweep" So in places where allowed fans may bring brooms for the last game of series, if there team has one all the previous ones, as a symbol to cheer for a "sweep".

Greer is not listed as a Metro Park on their website.

Nashville.gov - Parks and Recreation - Park Locations

Metro Nashville Parks are all off-limits, are not posted, and I don't think they have to be posted.

Municode - Search

13.24.440 is the text on their ban in the parks.

TCA 39.17.1311 (d) says they can make all parks off-limits and it makes no requirement to post.

TCA 39.17.1311 (e)(2) says they have to post, but I seem to recall that certain municipal codes were "grandfathered" in and don't have to. Nashville and Knoxville come to mind. Does anyone know more about that?

TCA 39.17.1311 ©(3) looks like the city can simply vote themselves out of the requirement to post.

I didn't stay at a Holiday inn Express last night, so this analysis is probably worth what you paid for it.

Edited by monkeylizard

Metro Nashville Parks are all off-limits, are not posted, and I don't think they have to be posted.

Municode - Search

TCA 39.17.1311 (d) says they can make all parks off-limits and it makes no requirement to post.

TCA 39.17.1311 (e)(2) says they have to post, but I seem to recall that certain municipal codes were "grandfathered" in and don't have to. Nashville and Knoxville come to mind. Does anyone know more about that?

TCA 39.17.1311 ©(3) looks like the city can simply vote themselves out of the requirement to post.

I didn't stay at a Holiday inn Express last night, so this analysis is probably worth what you paid for it.

The grandfather clause covers any city ordnance in place before 04/01/86 Knoxville had an ordnance in place before that time that prohibited carry in their parks. So they are off-limits per city ordnance, (that didn't require posting) not state law. So a violation there is a violation of a city ordnance, not state law. I didn't think Nashville had any such ordnance in place, otherwise they wouldn't have had to vote to opt out of 39-17-1311. But even if they did have such an ordnance, I would think it would be superseded if they took a vote per 39-17-1311 and wanted to make them off-limits per state law.

©(3) allows cities/counties to opt of out posting the posting requirment in ©(1) that requires all local parks statewide to be posted regardless. (e)(2) says they must post if they choose to exercies their "opt out" option.

Of course you highlight a problem I've mentioned...if you a sign, you don't know if it is posted per ©(1) or (e)(2), plus the AG has said you can still be charged even if no signs are posted....so......

Municode - Search

I could be wrong but I believe it's part of Fort Negley park hence the same address.

Guest ArmaDeFuego
The grandfather clause covers any city ordnance in place before 04/01/86 Knoxville had an ordnance in place before that time that prohibited carry in their parks. So they are off-limits per city ordnance, (that didn't require posting) not state law. So a violation there is a violation of a city ordnance, not state law. I didn't think Nashville had any such ordnance in place, otherwise they wouldn't have had to vote to opt out of 39-17-1311. But even if they did have such an ordnance, I would think it would be superseded if they took a vote per 39-17-1311 and wanted to make them off-limits per state law.

©(3) allows cities/counties to opt of out posting the posting requirment in ©(1) that requires all local parks statewide to be posted regardless. (e)(2) says they must post if they choose to exercies their "opt out" option.

Of course you highlight a problem I've mentioned...if you a sign, you don't know if it is posted per ©(1) or (e)(2), plus the AG has said you can still be charged even if no signs are posted....so......

Blah blah blah. Tennessee gun laws are so F'd up....... ;)

Guest nashvegas

Well, I decided that I'd like to wash the hotdogs down with a beer, so I opted out of carrying in the ball park.

It was a beautiful evening weather-wise. Sadly, the Sounds got their arses handed to them by Las Vegas.

I saw no postings anywhere.

Blah blah blah. Tennessee gun laws are so F'd up....... :(

Agree...

Since carry is illegal without a permit I don't see why if you want to allow those with a HCP to carry somewhere (parks) why not just repeal the law that prohibits it instead of making an exception?

Only took a court case, 2 votes, 2 vetoes and 2 veto overrides to figure that out for places that serve alcohol.......lol