BenchMade Emissary 470??

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Benchmade knives, and that one looks really good. The only downside for me would be the weight. I am one of those weird people who doesn't like really light knives unless it is a neck knife.

I like Benchmade knives, and that one looks really good. The only downside for me would be the weight. I am one of those weird people who doesn't like really light knives unless it is a neck knife.

I agree with you, the weight of the knife would be a downside for me as well

• Admin Team

Try to actually put your hands on one of Benchmade's lightweight offerings before you buy if you can, Dave. I know REI up here in Nashville stocks a couple.

While I really like the shape of the knife, I think Benchmade has gone to far in "lightening up" some of their offerings. I've handled several of them and my first impression was that the blade felt kind of flimsy. They've got a couple of designs I'd really like to own, buy I've talked myself out of them upon handling them. They're probably just fine for light everyday tasks, but I can't guarantee my knives that usage or that duty cycle.

That said, I really like Benchmade's new Triage 915. It's the first offering from them in a while that I've really been excited about.

Try to actually put your hands on one of Benchmade's lightweight offerings before you buy if you can, Dave. I know REI up here in Nashville stocks a couple.

While I really like the shape of the knife, I think Benchmade has gone to far in "lightening up" some of their offerings. I've handled several of them and my first impression was that the blade felt kind of flimsy. They've got a couple of designs I'd really like to own, buy I've talked myself out of them upon handling them. They're probably just fine for light everyday tasks, but I can't guarantee my knives that usage or that duty cycle.

That said, I really like Benchmade's new Triage 915. It's the first offering from them in a while that I've really been excited about.

Thanks, I was thinking about a motorcycle trip to Smokey Mountain Knife Works. They don’t have that knife on their website, but I'm sure they have something to suit my needs.

Guest 73challenger
Thanks, I was thinking about a motorcycle trip to Smokey Mountain Knife Works. They don’t have that knife on their website, but I'm sure they have something to suit my needs.

Last time I was there they had ONE benchmade. The sales guy said they owner had a beef with them. Smokey Mountain is overpriced but a awesome place to see knives.