ISSC M22

tumul21

I've tried doing my research but can't seem to find anythin really of value. I'm in the market for a .22lr hand gun, and unlike the walther p22 and sig mosquito, I can't find any information on how picky these guns are. I'm not really a fan of the ruger mk series or the buckmater look lol, but I might have to get over it. If anyone has any information I'd greatly apprecaite it.

Thanks,

Gregory

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gsg had a 1911 style .22 with a fake can on it, pretty neat maybe you can find one. As for picky I have learned every .22 is gonna have a favorite brand, one p22 may be different then an other so the best thing to do is buy 50 rounds if each and hit the range, I've not got a .22 that won't shoot federal bulk so that may be a place to start.

What's already been said aboult .22LR pistol's being ammuniton sensitive is correct, find what ammunition work's and stick with it. I'm a big believer in the Ruger 22/45 pistol, I like the Buckmark but don't own one, the SIG and Walther look good and mimic larger caliber pistol's but have never appealed to me enough to entice me to purchase one.

I like .22 pistols and have had quite a few and have a few right now. I have owned an ISSC M22. Essentially the action in the ISSC M22 is the same as those found in the Walther P22 and new S&W M&P .22 pistol. I had one of the first M22s on the market and had an issue with it which was cleared up quickly by the gun's return trip to the importer.

When it comes to value, reliability, durability, accuracy and availability of reasonably priced upgrades here is how I rate .22 semi autos that are priced in the sub $500.00 category. I have owned at least one of each below, some multiple copies (up to 10 in some cases) and have worked on several of some types for friends.

1. Ruger MKI, II or III - they all work well, put a crisp trigger on them and they shoot way better than most of us.

2. Buckmark - Good solid shooter, aftermarket not as deep as for Ruger, but nice guns nonetheless

3. S&W 22A - Not the best looking, priced good, and work well, underrated IMHO

4. Discontinued S&W 422/622/2206 - I love these pistols, but you need to buy aftermarket firing pins for these, which are avail

5. Walther P22 - a fun plinker that most find ergonomically pleasant to hold, especially the ladies. A good training gun or if pressed a self-defense pistol for those with damaged, weak, or arthritic hands also. Iknow several folks who have suppressors on their P22s.

6. Advantage Arms Glock .22 Conversion. It works but only weighs 8oz. With a Glock lower weighing in the 4oz range this makes for an extremely light pistol, almost too light.

7. ISSC M22 - it ain't a Glock and it ain't a P22.

8. Phoenix Arms HP22 - look to Youtube for advice on this one and you will have a blast with these.

9. Sig Mosquito - I know some really like this gun and it has a great feel. I have completely disassembled two of these to find out why these particular two had such heavy gritty triggers (apparently some have acceptable triggers). If you have trouble with your Mosquito there is a guy on Rimfirecentral.com who knows a lot about these.

Guest tnmedic

I have a Walther P22 and honestly it has shot everything I have put in it and shot it decently. So I might just have been lucky but I have even used the golden thunderduds and not had a ton of problems, but your experience may vary. I hope that helps some but if you have more questions about the p22 just ask and I will tell you what I know about mine. Later Lindle