Carrying at the Tennessee State Fair

Guest Suspicious Loaf

Guest Suspicious Loaf

Hello all,

Quick question. Anyone know if carrying is banned at the state fair? I can't find any info from the website (or previous posts).

Don't want to have to take my gun back out to the car after walking up to the gate.

Thanks.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't carry at TN State Fair. If I remember correctly the fair is posted but probably improper. They were using metal detector wands to scan everybody. They keep a few Metro PD at the gate so no go for the handgun. I went either last year or year before and had to get one of the on duty officer's to tell the guy at the front gate I was good to enter with my handgun. You won't miss much if you don't go. After sunset it get's infested with thugs and gangs.

Guest Suspicious Loaf
You can't carry at TN State Fair. If I remember correctly the fair is posted but probably improper. They were using metal detector wands to scan everybody. They keep a few Metro PD at the gate so no go for the handgun. I went either last year or year before and had to get one of the on duty officer's to tell the guy at the front gate I was good to enter with my handgun. You won't miss much if you don't go. After sunset it get's infested with thugs and gangs.

Man, that's a shame. My wife and I really enjoyed the fair in Oklahoma. It was a beautiful place full of fried foods and bizarre people. Too bad about the gangs (and no guns).

In Nashville at the TN State Fair Grounds? Waste of time… TN's "state fair" is a joke. Go north to Louisville, KY in August for the closest decent state fair. The Wilson County in Lebanon fair is much better and more closely resembles a real state fair than the official state fair in Nashville.

Just carry a glock...we all know that since it's polymer, a metal detector can't find it. :)

If it is not illegal, i'd carry. These signs do not seem legal or binding on someone with a permit and someone had a police officer let him in after showing his handgun carry permit. I'd carry anyway. The worst that could happen is be told to take your gun back to your car.

Guest Broomhead
The state fair is held on Metro Nashville property not TN state property. I didn't stay long at all when I went will probably not go back unless it's held somewhere outside of Nashville.

So the TN State Fair shouldn't be held at the TN State Fair Grounds in the state's capitol? Should it be held in KY, also, instead of TN? Maybe that will make it better.

LMAO!

So the TN State Fair shouldn't be held at the TN State Fair Grounds in the state's capitol? Should it be held in KY, also, instead of TN? Maybe that will make it better.

LMAO!

I don't have an issue with it being in Nashville if it wasn't so trashy. I wish it was a better condition and they were able to keep the trouble out but they can't and it won't change anytime soon. Yes the state capital would be the ideal spot for a state fair but the condition of the capital of our state is going down the toilet.

I don't have an issue with it being in Nashville if it wasn't so trashy. I wish it was a better condition and they were able to keep the trouble out but they can't and it won't change anytime soon.

Kentucky has a great state fair. It is a clean, comfortable family atmosphere.

The TN state fair board has run the fair–and the speedway–into the ground. NASCAR had a Cup race at the fairgrounds for decades. No more. Even weekly racing is all but gone. The inability to keep NASCAR track viable in Nashville, TN is proof they are clueless about how to run anything.

Or maybe they aren't clueless… A lot of talk about dismantling the whole mess and turning it into condos. More taxes for the city, and all they have to do is get rid of the rednecks and the riff-raff at the state fair. Enough bad press about how bad the fair has gotten and it will be an easy sell for the voters.

The state fair is held on Metro Nashville property not TN state property. I didn't stay long at all when I went will probably not go back unless it's held somewhere outside of Nashville.

Oh so it's not the state fair, it's the Davidson County fair... just named wrong? That makes much more sense. Does any state funds go to the upkeep of the fair grounds?