Bear Kills Hunter

zenman

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adamoxtwo

Go figure it was someone who was not from the area hunting an animal they didn't know how to hunt. That isn't an animal that you foolishly chase through the woods. You have to make a good shot and wait a little while so the animal can bleed out. It's a shame that it happened and hopefully someone will learn from this guy's mistake.

Guest adamoxtwo

I think that they should make it illegal for nonresidents to go on a hunt for bear in that area without a local guide. That way residents aren't bothered by that law and it protects nonresidents from 1. misidentifying bear and 2. doing something stupid like chasing after a wounded bear then getting mauled and killed.

I think that they should make it illegal for nonresidents to go on a hunt for bear in that area without a local guide. That way residents aren't bothered by that law and it protects nonresidents from 1. misidentifying bear and 2. doing something stupid like chasing after a wounded bear then getting mauled and killed.

No disrespect, and while I think your intent is good, how would you feel if you grew up in Montana, moved else where due to work, family, ect. but liked to return every year and hunt grizzlies, then all of the sudden they say "No out of state hunters allowed." Or I'm sure there are people that live in one state and hunt in another which is close by. I just think not allowing out of state hunters is not fair. Let the grizzly kill a moron every now and then, no one said hunting grizzlies was a safe thing to do in the first place. I just hate to see big brother making more rules to "protect" me.

Guest adamoxtwo

Please reread what I wrote. I never said no out of state hunters. I said if you were an out of state hunter you should have a local guide. I still feel that way. There is no system that will make everyone happy. My point is Grizzy's need the protection more the you would.

Guest capt usa

Sound advice on dangerous game like bears, if you don't get a guide at least know your target before you shoot. We all had that taught to us in hunter safety courses.

Latest news is that the man died from a gunshot, not the bear attack. It looks like his hunting partner shot the bear and the bullet passed through and hit his buddy. They guy was probably dead either way but his hunting partner has to live with the fact that he actually killed his friend.

Sheriff: Nevada man attacked by grizzly on North Idaho-Montana border died from gunshot wound | Hunting | Idaho Statesman

A Nevada man who was trying to protect his friend from an attacking 400-pound grizzly bear shot his friend in the chest -- and that's what killed the man, not wounds inflicted by the grizzly bear, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office in Montana.

Read more: Sheriff: Nevada man attacked by grizzly on North Idaho-Montana border died from gunshot wound | Hunting | Idaho Statesman