6.8spc or 243?

Guest chevyman181

Guest chevyman181

I have 2 Remington 700's one is a 700 BDL in 243 and the other is a 700 Tactical in 6.8spc, I'm think about selling one of them and keeping the other. I'm interested in your opinions on which one to sell and which one to keep and idea of a price on both. I mostly deer hunt and have used both in the past, and I reload for the 6.8 so if I keep it I'm also interested in some load ideas for it. Id like to use a 115 or 120 grain bullet and load as hot as will shoot good and be safe. Thank you.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chevyman181

I'm also thinking about buying something like a 308, 7mm-08 or 270, 30-06 for deer and longer range and something like 204 for varmints but not 100% on that or when it would be.

That's the beauty of a .243. You can use light varmint bullets, and get real close to a .204 Ruger, or go heavier and you're good for deer. A .243 is a necked down .308, so it has plenty of smoke behind it. It won't do everything, but it swings pretty wide. That's why I would stick with it instead of the 6.8 in a bolt gun.

Guest chevyman181

Any idea of what a good asking price would be on it? It has a 22in fluted barrel, HS stock, center point scope and some ammo, I'll sell the reloading stuff too for a little more, extra brass powder, bullets, primers.

Ive got a Remington 700 sps in 243 win. I bought it for my lil boy to deer hunt with n a few years. I love it, killed a big 4 point with it last year that never took a step. Complete pass thru at about 100 yds with 100 gr Hornady inter-locks. Its a wonderful versatile caliber, that will handle anything in Tennessee, plus ammo is easy to find and cheap. My next rifle will be a Remington 700 or Savage 10 in 7mm-08. Hard to beat anything based on the 308 cartride.

Edited by Bad_Bowtie