April Mid Tenn Eat & Shoot - April 26th @ 11:30am - Details inside!

Okay, let's kick this one off.

Hoping for some good weather, let's hear some suggestions for outdoor ranges local to Nashville/Murfreesboro.

Also, where do we want to eat? I know of at least 2 people who rather enjoyed Jason's Deli...

Finally, this meet will be on a Saturday, probably the 5th or the 12th... but we'll nail that down as it comes closer. My idea is that we should consider alternating the meet on Saturdays & Sundays every other month.

I'll add a poll later once we have some suggestions for an outdoor ranges and whether we want to try a different restaurant this time, or go to Jason's Deli or Famous Dave's again...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ScottD

The only outdoor range I am familiar with is the TWRA one on Hobson Pike. As far as food goes, I'm good with pretty much anything. Also as a side note, the 12th is my birthday.

I guess I'd prefer Owl Hollow as well. As for food, I'll eat what's put in front of me, so wherever. I do like to try new places and there are many in Franklin. If we do a Franklin-area shoot, a side trip to the rather large Franklin Gun Shop might be a diversion after we shoot!

Good ideeers, ya'll! I'd prefer the 12th. (I know you're just hoping for free ammo, SPD!)

I like the idea of a Franklin-centered meet and an outdoor range. I'm ready for something different, even if it does cost me more gas money. =)

Guest Jason F.

Is Owl Hollow not a private range open only to members and their guests? I was under that impression. If that is not correct I am all for trying it out. If it is private do we have enough people who are members that can bring in another as a guest?

Guest ScottD
Good ideeers, ya'll! I'd prefer the 12th. (I know you're just hoping for free ammo, SPD!)

I like the idea of a Franklin-centered meet and an outdoor range. I'm ready for something different, even if it does cost me more gas money. =)

Oh you know me to well. Also perhaps you and I could arrange some car pooling for this event?

Guest EasilyObsessed
Is Owl Hollow not a private range open only to members and their guests? I was under that impression. If that is not correct I am all for trying it out. If it is private do we have enough people who are members that can bring in another as a guest?

You are correct. It is also $5 for the guests of members (unless something has changed in the past 6 months).

My father usually has a membership, but choose not to renew this year.

It is a decent drive from Nashville. Plan on 40 minutes from downtown without traffic.

We can do owl hollow. I am actually a member there and I know at least one other person on here who is a member who would more than likely participate. It would be $5 a person who is not a member and they ask that guests stay with the members. They have 2 pistol pits and then a rifle range that goes to 100 yards.

As far as food, people can meet in cool springs which as everything, or there is Logans, Cracker Barrel, or Applebees in Spring Hill.

If you live in the spring hill area and are not a member you should really look into it. It is only $50 a year and is off of duplex just west of 65.

It would be a good idea if we could coordinate bringing so many guests with the officers of Owl Hollow... would one of their members here mind asking if 6-10 guests came with them? Or, just tell me how to contact them and I'll see if something can be arranged.

Guest sling

I'd be in as well. Either TWRA or Owl i suppose. I dont think i've ever been to the owl hollow range so of course i dont have a membership. :-\

As for food, it doesnt matter to me.

I'd really like to go also, but need to know more for sure of the date. I have an all-day "appointment" with the good folks up at ASP in Joelton on the 12th. If the meetnshootneat is on the 5th, that will work great. If on the 12th, I'll look forward to meetin y'all next month.

I think at the moment it's between Owl Hollow and Gallatin Gun Club.

If both of those end up being viable possibilities, I'll put up a poll for that. Otherwise, we'll go with the one which will accomodate us. Now, where to eat... assuming either of those choices?

Guest ScottD
From the availability of Owl Hollow, and the response here so far, the 12th is the most popular.

Let's go ahead and set the 12th in stone. Time and location to follow.

Bring birthday presents and a cake!

Guest Jason F.

I will have to miss this one. I will have family in town that weekend and it is also the weekend of the big Smyrna air show. Catch you guys next time.

Well then, I'd say the 12th doesn't sound like it'll work for quite a few people... so, the next Saturdays are the 19th and 26th. Let's shoot for then and see what works as they get closer.

I wouldn't mind going to the Air Show myself...