Tavor possibly on the horizon

Paletiger13

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they went out of business?

They did, but Mr. Kazner is reorganizing and planning to reopen at Shot 2012. At least this is what he indicated on AR15.com. It will be a welcome back for a lot of good imports. I hope they bring back the CD HiPower as well as the Tavor!

I've been watching this thread over on ar15 and I could almost see Charles having a heart attack getting so excited!

I doubt I'd be disappointed.

I hope so, for your sake. I remember when Century came out with those Golan Sporter rifles. I says to meself, welp, you'll never afford a real one, this ought to be so close you won't care for the difference. I was so disappointed to find it, like everything else Century arms has ever produced, was an absolute piece of :hat:. So was the replacement they sent. Heartbreaker.

I'm going to wait on these until I read a few good reports. Then...I'll probably have to have one too;)

Please enlighten me. I know Tavor has a "enthusiastic" following. What makes this gun better than the AUG or MSAR that you can buy now?

Because you can't have one. A man with cash can have an AUG. The Tavor is kind of forbidden fruit.....and Paletiger13 has been salivating over them for a long time now.

Guest drv2fst

ah, so it's like I feel about the KelTec Shotgun. I've got great shotguns now in my safe that I don't shoot. I really want a new one so I can enjoy not shooting it either.

Guest drv2fst

I shoot them. I was just commenting on our obsession with getting this or that gun as if it really made a difference in our lives. I know I sometimes focus more on having them than shooting them.

I'm sure it's a great gun. Enjoy it.

Sorry for the unintended hijack...back on topic.

Edited by drv2fst
Please enlighten me. I know Tavor has a "enthusiastic" following. What makes this gun better than the AUG or MSAR that you can buy now?

I for one dig the fact they have an actual handguard instead of the AUG "dong". Factor in it was designed to use STANAG magazines, the charging handle is far forward and iron sights are already installed. All in my opinion a "better" package than the AUG series.

It would be nice to see a US made Tavor, but the Israelis will eventually be the demise of the project. They will want too much in licensing for the rifles name and parts.

Same thing happened to Barrett when I was there. The eventual cost to the consumer was going to be a deal killer because the Israelis wanted a percentage of the gun parts to be made in Israel and sold to who ever was going to build it. They wanted too much in the parts production. Same thing will here. MSRP will be in the $2k range, watch and see.

No way in the world I would pay that much for a Tavor after seeing the insides of one and seeing what it would take to build one.

Shooting the select fire model rifle was a gas though.

I don't care what it costs. If I'm not mistaken the receiver insert is made of titanium. It's not direct inpengment either. More like a

AK G36 hybrid fromwhat I can tell. Some if our Canadian brothers have posted pictures on other forums. Barretts design was a

neutered version for civi bs