TOP SHOT Wuss out

Guest mustangdave

Guest mustangdave

Didn't see any threads about TS3...but didn't do an in depth search. Did anyone think that Jake the former SEAL was a bit of a whiny candy ass? Who wussed out of doing the elimination challenge?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt for weeks because he's one of the better competitors. I thought maybe he's genuine about his strategy of being such a jerk to distract the other guys (a good strategy to win 100 grand). But, after last night it's clear that he has some emotional problems that make for great TV, but only serve to work against him.

He only ended up in the bottom 3 because he accidently actuated the safety. I'm sure he would've corrected that grip and been the clear favorite in the elimination challenge. He's aced his other elimination opponents easily. No reason for him not to be in the finale.

Guest Broomhead

I don't see how he could advance his coaching career when he has admitted on camera about purposely inciting a fight to get someone kicked off, complete and utter unsportsmanlike conduct, complete disrespect for other competitors, and just being an a-hole in general. If I had a kid that was being enticed by his school to play sports, and I found out he was the coach, that Dean would get a resounding, "Hell No!!!" I can not stand Jake, I literally want to b***h slap him back into his diapers.

I'm so glad he's gone. I don't know if I could take another week of his "culturally rich" bull crap. He didn't deserve to last as long as he did and truly made a bad name for Seals everywhere, and that was before he quit..lol Dude is just pathetic, however reality tv has catered to and made piles of money off idiots like him.

I still miss George and Chris....real honorable guys competing with pride.

Interesting interview...hope he gets what he wants out of it...but I won't be surprised if he just fades off into obscurity

...But he won't. Now he's the laughing stock of the Nay Seals that he was so proud of. He's a joke of a man no matter how well he performed. Judging him by his attitude on the show, I wouldn't pee on his bald head if he was on fire.

Guest mustangdave

I wonder what his SEAL Team comrades thought of him while he was active...if he was a "hard charger"...or just punchin his ticket...IF he had a chip on his shoulder like he displayed on TS...I would almost bet he quit the TEAMS too...and got some lousey FITREPS.

Guest bkelm18
i have talked to several guys from past seasons they said the show edits out more than half of what really happens just to make bad guys and good guys to get more viewers and money, it doesn't show the half of what really happens

You can't blame editing when the guy was a tool 100% of the time. That's not a product of editing. That's a product of being a POS.

Guest Bill'dYourOwnGun

I was surprised when both Jake and Dustin replied to my posts on Facebook in the Top Shot Season 3 area. While there is no doubt putting a bunch of alpha-types together in the same house is going to result in conflict at some level, Jake took it to a different level. His logic of getting the strongest competitor eliminated was sound, though not necessarily fair. As I posted in the FB discussion, the episodes were filmed and already over. Hopefully Jake is looking back on the actions shown and, if what we saw was true regardless of editing, perhaps he will become a better person because of it. I have to say that Dustin has my vote for Top Shot, not merely because of his accuracy and sportsmanship, but because he seems to be more mature than all the other folks put together.

These so-called reality shows have alot of added acted drama. Top Shot seems to have the least but all I have seen still add an extra element of drama and phonyness and some are just sitcoms with no reality like Operation Repo. Top Shot seems to be genuine for the most part but as Tn Outlaw said you don't see most of what really goes on. Jake does seem to have some emotional issues, he is a control freak who can handle rejection. I don't know what his rank was when he left the military but when a military person re-enters civilian life they need to also leave certain military attitudes behind. You can't treat civilians like your troops, many will let you know it real quick.