Ruger SR9c

ls3_kid

So my friend got a training job up in Noweheresville, Massachusetts and he will be up there for a year. Apparently he was told by a co-worker (that has a HCP) that if he is caught with the handgun and does not have a HCP then he will go to straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200 for 2 years! You also have to acquire the permit to purchase ammunition. It's just crazy that freedom was founded there, yet has seem to die there too. Anyway back on track he is going to send me the gun to use for the next year and all I have to pay for is the FFL transfer/background check. I am pretty excited to have another gun for the range, maybe even to carry if I feel comfortable once I get my HCP (taking the class this Saturday if I don't go out of town).

Anything I need to know about these guns?

I will post pictures and give my range report of it once it comes in. It is the version with the stainless slide. I have shot before but I don't remember much about it.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I know about this gun is that I want one... However, the people at rugerforums.com say they're bad about light-striking, but Ruger of course will take care if that.

Although I wouldn't try to talk my friend out of sending me a gun to play with, I'd recommend he check for himself the laws and regs for Mass.

Also, good luck with your handgun class. It's pretty easy if you've ever seen a gun before. I used a Glock 17 that was provided by the class and placed all but 7 rounds in the center of the target. The others were just outside. I think there are only 50 questions, and you can use your notes.

Don't do anything to it. Its not your gun. Nothing to report either. Solid, reliable platform.

Duh.

According to what I have read, he can obtain a temporary permit for Mass. for $50 and it's good for a year.

Hmmm maybe he just doesn't want to deal with it since he has a TN HCP?

The only thing I know about this gun is that I want one... However, the people at rugerforums.com say they're bad about light-striking, but Ruger of course will take care if that.

Although I wouldn't try to talk my friend out of sending me a gun to play with, I'd recommend he check for himself the laws and regs for Mass.

Also, good luck with your handgun class. It's pretty easy if you've ever seen a gun before. I used a Glock 17 that was provided by the class and placed all but 7 rounds in the center of the target. The others were just outside. I think there are only 50 questions, and you can use your notes.

Yeah I should be fine, I've finally got a constant grouping with my 1911 at 10-12 yards.

Guest tommy62

Some early models had light strike issues. i have'nt heard of that being a problem of late. Great shooter right out of the box. Mine eats everything. It is my EDC. Slide is a little stiff at first.

Edited by tommy62

Love mine, carry it every day. The only issue I have had is after a trip to the range this summer, the pin for the mag release had worked its way out about 0.25". Drove it back in and, after several hundred rounds, still has not moved.

Bought mine last Tuesday and love it. I have taken it to the range twice and put 400 rounds through it with no problems at all. Poster before said the slide was a little stiff but after the 400 rounds it seems to have broke in a little. Very accurate, great to carry and that is coming from a Taurus pt709.