Action Shotgun Match

Guest DaG

Save the date. December 10th @ 10.00 AM. Oak Ridge Sportsman Assoc (ORSA) will be having a 6 stage shotgun match set on natural terrain with 91 rds of pure adrenalin ! Targets will be steel plates and clay birds so no slugs or buckshot. Stages will be a mixture of speed shoots,jungle run and field courses. Nothing physical but your gun handling, loading and shooting on the move skills will be tested. Divisions will be Pump, Limited and Open. Currently, scoring will be time plus but it may possibly change 100 pt equalized stage scoring. As always, bring extra ammo just in case.....:grouchy:

Member fee is $10.00

Non member fee is $15.00

Directions:

From I-40 Exit 356 take Gallaher Rd North 11 miles to Gum Hollow Rd. Turn Right on Gum Hollow Rd and entrance to range will be .05 miles on left side of rd just past entrance to golf course.

From Oak Ridge go past main entrance to ORSA at Nebraska Ave .05 miles and turn left onto Gum Hollow Rd. Entrance to range will be .05 miles on left side of rd just past entrance to golf course.

Any questions PM me here,here ORSA 3-Gun or 1911esp@gmail.com

DaG

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DaG,

Are you itching to try out your new reloading method and decide to set up a match to try it out...?

I don't want to be a fair weather friend but if the weather is decent maybe me and a couple other Middle TN guys can road trip it up there and check it out.

Do you have any plans of posting the stages ahead of time?

Later,

Mike

MC,

Yeah the new load belt is killin' me !! Gotta try it on the clock. Gonna try to get the stages drawn out and posted but no promises. We're gonna try to keep the match moving so nothing elaborate but still will be fun. A speed shoot,jungle run,field course,a 25 rd drill stage,a short hoser stage and a stage that will be an unloaded start and remain seated while shooting. Should be a fun little match.

DaG

MC,

Yeah the new load belt is killin' me !! Gotta try it on the clock. Gonna try to get the stages drawn out and posted but no promises. We're gonna try to keep the match moving so nothing elaborate but still will be fun. A speed shoot,jungle run,field course,a 25 rd drill stage,a short hoser stage and a stage that will be an unloaded start and remain seated while shooting. Should be a fun little match.

DaG

It sounds good except the

"a stage that will be an unloaded start and remain seated while shooting"

I don't mind an unloaded start but I don't know about the load and shoot seated idea. Sounds like the stage designer got a new chest rig to load from;)

It sounds good except the

"a stage that will be an unloaded start and remain seated while shooting"

I don't mind an unloaded start but I don't know about the load and shoot seated idea. Sounds like the stage designer got a new chest rig to load from;)

Ah now. what on earth ever gave you such an idea......actually I wanted to be able to stand and shoot but there was a possible safety issue and if I can find a harness or safety belt then we'll stand. Didn't say you have to load setting, just shoot setting. Cmon gamer, think about it ;) I'll even let you borrow the Load belt.

DaG

• 4 weeks later...
I'll even let you borrow the Load belt.

DaG

BTT

I may have to borrow it for a test run at least. I have so much time and money invested in the Weak hand Caddy method it would be tough to switch. I wish the equipment had been more available a few years ago since it looks much easier to learn and maintain.

Won't be long now... If we can have some weather on the 10th like we had yesterday we'll be in business.....

MC,

I think the learning curve is the key to it's being easier than weakhand. I still practice weakhand but I'm just not consistent. I setup 2 poppers at 10 yds Sun and shot a 1-8-1 drill. From the shoulder at the beep shoot 1 load 8 shoot 1, I had a 5.21 av. I tried it again wearing a glove and had a 4.90 av. These were 5 shot strings. I sarted getting a little tired and dropped to a 5.34 av. Now, I was standing flat footed and no movement and as we all know, practice and match pressure are two totally different animals. I'm thinking 6.0 flat on the move would be a good time for me. Loading from an Armband with the "Cooley Twist" was 11.75

pending some good weather

Any luck with the COFs?

The weather is what has me worried. Rain for 3 days next week and forecast for mid 40's on Sat. No luck on COF's, nothing fancy but fast and hopefully fun stages. Parking might be an issue if we get too much rain but we'll stack'em in there.

Up to 3 of us from southern middle tn may come up. Sounds like fun match and anytime I can beat MCFooter at the shotgun game is a good day.

The question will be is this going to be one of those FEW times ???? I believe our last shotgun meetup didn't work out so well for you. Unfortunately I can't say the same for rifle.....

I'm just hoping the Sun God is with us so we can find out. The current forecast of 27-41 degrees sounds cold for office guys like us ..........

Break out the Long John's, Under Armour and Gore Tex boots. It's gonna be cold and muddy but a few of us are still gonna shoot. For those that do show up, I would advise to bring good footwear with treads. The trail is gonna be slick and nuddy with all the rain we"ve had the past two days.

Great match... well thought-out stages and everything ran pretty smooth. Did scores go out? I can't remember if I put my email address on the score sheet or not. Thanks.

DanO

ETA: never mind, just found the scores in my spam box!

Edited by dcloudy777

if it is a weekend i am off i will try to be there! damn sure need the shotgun work, if my 2012 work schedule ever gets put out i hope to go to the rockcastle shotgun championship now that is has been push back and pick up some table scraps from the prize table.