Glocks?

Smiddy

Is there anyone that can give me a rundown on the differences between glock models ? Specifically the 19, 22, 23?

Also are the differences bettween 3rd gen and 4th gen enough to raise a red flag on buying a 3rd gen?

Thanks,

Smiddy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 is a 9mm.

22 and 23 are both .40

The 19 and 23 are the same size (compact models)

the 22 is a full size (along with the 17 which is a 9 mm)

The 4th generation guns offer backstraps for a more custom fit as well as a different spring system which offers supposedly less recoil. There were some problems upfront with the 4th generation guns especially with hand loads. If you use factory ammo, it's no problem. If a third generation fits your hand, I would choose that since it's been proven over the years.

The difference between the models you listed are caliber and size. The 19 is a 9mm. The 22 is a full sized .40 S&W. The 23 is a compact version of the 22. Buy a Gen 3 and save a few bucks. Tons of accessories for the Gen 3 can be had for discount prices now that Gen 4 is on the scene.

Guest BenderBendingRodriguez

The Glock website has a very nice chart breaking down the models by size and caliber. And there is no problem getting a Gen. 3. In fact, many people seem to prefer them (or at least their inertia as a proven model is keeping them going strong while the Gen. 4 starts getting its feet).

Also know there were a few differences even in the Gen3's. Sometime in 2002 all Glocks received 3 pin frames, these are slightly more durable. As well as a loaded chamber indicator which is just a little raised area on the extractor. I have Gen 3's and 4's and really have no preference between the two.

Guest MarksGlock

Thats a good price. You can't go wrong with a Glock IMHO. The Glock 19 is one of the most popular Glocks. Some people dont like the grip of a Glock though, so you may want to try one out first.

Guest bkelm18
Thats a good price. You can't go wrong with a Glock IMHO. The Glock 19 is one of the most popular Glocks. Some people dont like the grip of a Glock though, so you may want to try one out first.

This. I'd love Glocks if it weren't for the grip. That's also to say I'd love macaroni casserole if it weren't for the macaroni. :) Yes, the Glocks have a wonky grip that I'm not quite certain why they designed it that way, but I've owned Glocks before, I own one now, and I'm sure I'll own more in the future. They're a simple design, user friendly, and usually go bang when you pull the trigger.

At $349 I would buy it and not look back. You made the right choice. Take the money saved and get some .40 ammo and let lead fly. Enjoy her. Check back in if you want to do some modifications or upgrades, glocks are pretty easy to work on too.

Edited by Rebels010

I have a g19 and love the feel, however my wife has pretty much taken it over so that is the reason for the 40 search. I am deff interested in some up grades, I will let you know when it comes. Thanks again for the response.