Good Ol Mossy 500's and Remington 870's

PaiMei

I read in another thread that a Mossberg Maverick trigger group can be swapped into a 500 creating a 2 safety shotgun.

The .410 I first hunted quail with had a safety on "top" so that seems normal for me. My Daisy Pump air rifle had a trigger safety. I can use both but would prefer a Glock pistol style trigger guard, pistol grip, and no traditional safety if it were up to me.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 500a 28 inch barrel and a tactical 870 with the knoxx adjustable stock and ide take the 870 over the 500a any day. Sure they are setup for different things but as for smoothness of operation and over all comfort 870 all the way.I would however go with a plain tradition stock over the Ar style. I would sell the 500 in a heart beat any takers :hat: but not the 870!

Guest rabidrhino

Personally I like the safety on the 500's, as it is about as ambidextrous as it gets. Obviously adding a pistol grip changes things, but after trying them, I find I like shotguns better without them.

Also, I don't think it has been mentioned, but I believe 500s are slightly easier to load due to the loading gate being up. Not a big deal, but something I have noticed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.