Closed 3 accounts at Regions Bank today because of their stupid no guns sign

guntalk

I never understood how those signs could make someone feel "safe." They must just be ignorant & not stop & think about it. All they are doing is denying law abiding citizens the right to carry guns in for their own protection. Why in God's green Earth do they think that a bank robber is going to look at the sign & say "Oh I cant carry a gun in there, I better go rob a different bank."

Idiots.....

I agree. I just had a thought while reading this thread. I wonder if the guys who rob banks now face an additional charge of carrying a handgun in a bank which is clearly posted "no guns". That should be a real deal breaker for the criminal defense attorneys..."my client will plead guilty to bank robbery if you'll drop the charge for carrying in a posted business, he didn't see the freakin' sign."....:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just drove by my local Regions branch to get money out of the atm, and I saw the dreaded gunbuster sign. Too bad. I would like to change banks, but it is more convenient for me right now. When I move out here soon I will definitely change banks.

I never did understand those signs in businesses. Like the robbers are going to look at the sign and say "dang it, i can't rob this bank, it has a gun buster." "Guess i'll move to the next bank where they allow guns where there may be people in there that carry." makes perfect sense to me.:confused:

If someone wants to carry they will and probably most of the time other won't even know.

Change "Regions" to "Bank of America" and I could very well have written the last paragraph myself. Would dearly love to drop them, but don't want the hassle of changing everything over.

I thought the same thing. But it's not as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Just opened an account at another bank , kept my old account open, and just started switching things over. No time limit.

Took about a week or so for my direct deposit to kick in, then closed my account. Good riddance Regions.

I haven't seen a GB at my local Bank of America, however I don't go in offend. They piss me off for other reasons and I have been wanting to leave them anyways. They just nickle and dime a person worse then a pan handler. However I play the game well and they have not been able to get any of the stupid fees on me but I am tired of the game.

I do most of my banking at Y12Credit union but I would like to find another replacement for Bank of America. Perhaps I need to look into Sun Trust some of you are talking about.

Yep,suntrust is great! I dropped my regions account when I went in the Alcoa branch and saw the stickers on the door and the tellers behind bullet proof glass. I told the teller the stickers obviously don't work since your behind that glass. I told her I obviously wasn't safe in their banks so Im closing my account.

I haven't seen a GB at my local Bank of America, however I don't go in offend. They piss me off for other reasons and I have been wanting to leave them anyways. They just nickle and dime a person worse then a pan handler. However I play the game well and they have not been able to get any of the stupid fees on me but I am tired of the game.

I do most of my banking at Y12Credit union but I would like to find another replacement for Bank of America. Perhaps I need to look into Sun Trust some of you are talking about.

Since you live in Oak Ridge, you might consider TN Bank. They are a great local bank. I've been using them for the 13 years I've lived here. They all know me by name, take time to talk to me, and bend over backwards to serve me. They have all the features I need, like online banking, Visa Debit, etc. Plus, I've done all the mortgages for my house and rentals through them and couldn't be happier. Best of all, no postings on their doors.

Closed my Regions account of 8 years last week. After explaining the reason why, she said that her husband will be glad to hear that others felt the same way as he did. Apparently he has to disarm each morning to help her into work. I assured her that there were many others that feel the same way. And I do have to say it is nice to not have to disarm at my new bank.