ammo prices increasing

Guest desireeharper1

Guest desireeharper1

hey guys, winchester is going up on their ammo prices (and the other companies will go up with them) on June 1st, so i would buy up before then. there were 3 price increases the past 2 years, and this will be the second one this year. i work at a gun/ammo distributor so that's how i got this info. fyi- Desiree

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest desireeharper1

guys, ammo prices are going up across the board on june 1st. i work for a distributor and got a memo from a vendor yesterday. fyi- D

i didn't mean to double post here, sorry.

Edited by desireeharper1
oops

can you get us any deals? I'm hunting about 2K rounds of 45 ACP right now. I was going to order from Natchez Shooters Supplies, but that don't ship in TN

They're down there in your neck of the woods...I don't know why they can't/don't ship in state.

Guest Boomhower
And people call me crazy for reloading 9mm.....

You too huh?

Next we will hear that gasoline is going up too.

Awww quit whining. Have you priced a gallon of coke lately, or bottled water, or afrin, or or or?......what's that?... your car only runs on gas?....yeah, mine too..........................I hate when people talk like that. If a car would run off of those things, it would be much cheaper to run. It's amazing what competition does.

can you get us any deals? I'm hunting about 2K rounds of 45 ACP right now. I was going to order from Natchez Shooters Supplies, but that don't ship in TN

They're down there in your neck of the woods...I don't know why they can't/don't ship in state.

Thet dont sell to Tn,GA and I think AL because local shops make a fuss for them selling so low.They sell to the shops btw

Guest desireeharper1

the reason natchez doesn't sell to the public is because when they started as a company they agreed with their dealers in the tristate on their routes that they wouldn't compete with them for customers. now they would make more off the public but they didn't know that at the time. i can't get deals for anyone b/c i only get a discount for myself and they keep an eye on what and how much i buy. sorry ... oh, and about walm*rt, i heard ammo is made especially for them, cheaper and is not good quality. one of our dealers told me that. (I hope i don't get in trouble for saying all this!)

Guest desireeharper1

oh, and just like the times before, going up from 5 to 15% depending on if you're buying primers, shotgun, or ammo. can't remember which is going up how much.

...oh, and about walm*rt, i heard ammo is made especially for them, cheaper and is not good quality. one of our dealers told me that. (I hope i don't get in trouble for saying all this!)

I've been hearing this for years... and I believe it. The condition of the brass seemed to me to be obvious seconds or once-fired.

I've been hearing this for years... and I believe it. The condition of the brass seemed to me to be obvious seconds or once-fired.

Almost all of Walmarts stuff is specific to them. To get their contracts you have to basically be their manufacturer. They control packaging, ect.

I dunno about Walmart selling second grade ammo. I have bought a lot of 9momo, fotey, dub duce and fo-fi from them and they all looked spanking new and I have yet to have a round not go bang, except for the very rare .22 LR in RemGold. The Federal is about the only rounds that feed through my Savage MKII without problems.

I think American Eagle is reloaded ammo but I may be wrong. Isn't it a Federal brand?

Guest desireeharper1

american eagle is federal, and federal is made by ATK, who makes CCI, Estate, Outers, Gunslick, Ramshot, RCBS, Ramline, Speer, and some others i can't remember right now. the problem is a lot of the bullets come out of the casings of ammo bought at walm*art- before it's fired.

Guest desireeharper1
No kidding. I use to get Blazer 9mm for $6.86 per 50 2 months ago....yesterday it was $9.99! .

they jacked it up way more than they needed to. 15-20% is the most increase they should've gotten from the vendor. if i wasn't buying mine at work (nearly the price walmart has though) i would by sellier and bellot from a dealer (call around your area and get prices on the brand that fires best in your gun) and stick with them for quality ammo. beware of foreign ammo in american made guns though. s&b is the only one that i've heard of (at work) that's ok.

Academy had 9mm blazer for $3.99 a couple of years ago. Dealer cost was almost a buck more. They've doubled their cost to get their margins back in range. Also, their price escalation began with the introduction of Monarach brand ammo.

On Wal-Mart carrying second quality ammo, that is complete garbage. Brass, ammo and bullets are the same for WWB and CCI Blazer brass.