ammo prices increasing

Guest desireeharper1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scottech

Mike has lost it. :)

Also a question for wareagle: Where's the Academy in Knoxville??

I just bought a 50 box of Winchester SXZ in .40 S&W for personal protection at Bass Pro. I really don't know much about this ammo but $20 per box seemed like a good deal to me.

I would LOVE to reload but I simply don't have enough room for the powder and press, etc.

Edited by Scottech

Haha at the .04 per round. LOL. I bought some 9mm Remington(green box) from Dicks the other day that was complete garbage....i mean it shot all right but all the casings were heavily tarnished and looked like they might have been under water at one time lol. Needless to say I wont ever buy that again....however all the WWB I have purchased has been clean and looked new out of the box. S&B is excellent ammo...I much prefer it to any other foreign brand and even to some of the American brands.

Mike has lost it. :)

Also a question for wareagle: Where's the Academy in Knoxville??

There's not an Academy in knoxville. I recently moved here from Franklin. There were two Academy sports in Nashville. Today, I pickup ammo whenever I go over to check on my other house.

Guest sling

And on the rare occasion of when midway carries pulled 9mm for 24.99\500 i loaded up in the thousands and i can shoot 9mm for .06 a round all year. :)

Not so crazy after all.

Guest rj8806
I dunno about Walmart selling second grade ammo. I have bought a lot of 9momo, fotey, dub duce and fo-fi from them and they all looked spanking new and I have yet to have a round not go bang, except for the very rare .22 LR in RemGold. The Federal is about the only rounds that feed through my Savage MKII without problems.

I think American Eagle is reloaded ammo but I may be wrong. Isn't it a Federal brand?

+1 I agree with that. I have bought my .45ACP ammo from Walmart almost exclusively and have NEVER had any FTF or any other issues with it. I switch between Remington and the white box of Winchester 100 rounds. 3 days ago when I bought my last box, I paid $28.82 for the white box of 100.

Richard

Guest desireeharper1
+1 I agree with that. I have bought my .45ACP ammo from Walmart almost exclusively and have NEVER had any FTF or any other issues with it. I switch between Remington and the white box of Winchester 100 rounds. 3 days ago when I bought my last box, I paid $28.82 for the white box of 100.

Richard

Maybe your guns can handle it, but most can't. it'll jam most guns. trust me, walmart gets contracts that no one else can and it's cheaper for a reason.

Maybe your guns can handle it, but most can't. it'll jam most guns. trust me, walmart gets contracts that no one else can and it's cheaper for a reason.

I've always bought from walmart and I've never had a single problem and I've used several different guns. I don't know where you are getting your information.

Maybe your guns can handle it, but most can't. it'll jam most guns.

Sorry, that is just flat ridiculous. :rofl:Everyone I know buys their ammo at WalMart. I do not know anyone that has trouble with it.

I shoot it through my Sigma, Hi-Point and RIA, not to mention the SP101. Always goes bang doesn't jam any of them.

Where are you getting this BS from? doesn't work, sheesh :D

Guest dotsun
Not to add WWB usually gives you one to two extra rounds per box depending on what caliber

You count the rounds??

Put me down as another who has never had problems with WW ammo. An occasional .22 misfire, but that seems to be a rimfire thing.

I just ordered 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 from AIM. It's the Wolf Military Classic HP ammo. Including shipping it was just shy of $200, which comes to 20 cents per round; $4 per box of 20. That's not cheap, but it's about as good as you can do these days. It's more like $5.50 per box around Chattanooga. I figure a year from now it will be $250 per 1000, if not more.

You count the rounds??

Put me down as another who has never had problems with WW ammo. An occasional .22 misfire, but that seems to be a rimfire thing.

Not regular,but I have just to see if I was getting ripped :P

Guest dotsun

Yeah Winchester has quite a reputation as a cheat. :mad: I usually dump my Doritos out and weigh them, too. :P

Sorry man, I couldn't resist.

Guest EasilyObsessed

I have fired roughly 8k rounds of WWB 9mm through my Beretta 92 and probably 1k rounds of the same through my M&P9 without a problem.

Between the two kimbers, they have gone through about 2k rounds WWB and 1k rounds of the UMC JHPs since september without any problems (other than the slide locking back early on the CDP a couple times...but that cant be attributed to the ammo).

Walmart quality is apparently good enough for my guns. :P

The ammo could not be seconds, think liability, they or Wal-Mart do not want to get sued. There are different levels of ammo like most things. Range/plinking grade, hunting, self defense, you pay more for better quality control and components.

Now is the time to start reloading, a basic single stage press and needed equipment does not take up much space espeically if you load one or two calibers. I keep all my stuff except for the press in a medium plastic tool box and mount the press on one of my computer desk. Very little space is used and I run some decent ammo for less than anybody sells it for.

I only do 40 S&W now and have found it easy to make good ammo for my GLOCK 23 and 27.

Things are not going to go down in price, they are going to keep going up so we have to live with it.

Guest canynracer
You count the rounds??

I take the rounds from the cardboard and put them in 100 rd plastic boxes...there is always some left over... ^_^

I take the rounds from the cardboard and put them in 100 rd plastic boxes...there is always some left over... :D

Good,I was starting to look kind goofy there for a minute,but umm,what do you do with your Doritos ?

Guest mikedwood

I haven't seen the WWB in 9mm in two local Wal-marts in 2 weeks, had to switch to the Remmington which is more, but no where near the $14.95 (cheapest) the other stores are wanting.