AR Debate

xd shooter

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About how much accuracy will you be sacrificing using .223 in 5.56 chamberd gun? I was leanning for the .223? but like any gun I want it to be as accurate as i can get it.

Nothing until you get out past say 300 yrds or better. If you can tell the difference in your groups at any range, then you need to be at Camp Perry or a sniper on some elite SPECOPS team.

Get the 5.56 and you won't have to worry about any of it. RRA also has a Wylde chamber which is a specific compromise for the two.

About how much accuracy will you be sacrificing using .223 in 5.56 chamberd gun? I was leanning for the .223? but like any gun I want it to be as accurate as i can get it.

.223 Wylde. The chamber splts the difference between .223 and 5.56. You lose *some* accuracy, probably not enough to even notice, but pick up versatility.

I have that on my gun. Steelharp knows I'm versatile.

Rabbi, I'm sure you can get one. If so I will get one from you after i get done with the lower I got from you. As a matter of fact if you keep throwing these good prices i will buy the whole gun from you over a little time. Thanks for all the info guys. Maybe now is barrels.

I appreciate that but no can do.

According to ATF, if I sell all the parts to make a complete gun, then I am a manufacturer and subject to the various regs for that.

THat sounds stupid until you realize the money issue. Every complete firearm is charged an 11% excise tax. The lower is not. So a private citizen who puts one together for his own use isnt obligated to pay the tax. But a manufacturer is.

Check for complete uppers chambered in .223 Wylde. Honestly it is more hassle to assemble the upper than the lower, and not as worthwhile.

I was seriously considering building a 5.45 upper to take advantage of the cheaper ammo.

Think twice.

AR chambers are pretty tight. Therefore they have trouble using the steel cased cheap Russian ammo.

And for the price of an upper you could probably buy an AK chambered in 5.45.