First Aid Classes

Guest caveturkey

Guest caveturkey

Looking to gain some solid first aid knowledge/certification. Ive looked at the Knoxville Red Cross webpage, they have basic CPR/first aid, and a special wilderness first aid class. Can anyone recommend somewhere in Knoxville or Nashville where legitimate first aid classes might be taken, or any other resources for that matter? I'm also interested in more serious stuff like gun shot wounds, trauma, etc.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can highly recommend Tactical Response's Immediate Action Medical class and HRCC Medical package.

Both would be well worth the drive from Knoxville. You can also look up the Patriot Nurse. Her AO is Knoxville and she is starting to do classes. Rachel is a friend of mine and is extremely well qualified.

Mike

I was a certified Red Cross instructor for 10 years so I would say start with their CPR/First Aid course. Covers adults, children, and infants. Usually not very expensive, only takes about 8-12 hours, and will be good training for everyday life. Makes a good foundation for further classes. Yea, it's basic and not "rocket surgery" but it will get you started. They also have a course for Professional Rescuers as a followup. Have a Workplace CPR/First Aid that takes one day but only covers adults.

• 3 months later...
Guest alloyguitar

I'd also like to get some training. I was cpr certified, but it ran out in 2006 or so, so a refresher is definitely needed.

In IN we had a class at a local gun shop regarding trauma kits and how to use the various items in them. Anybody offer something like that around here?

Guest alloyguitar

Shame that's the last free first responder course, 'cause the grant won't be extended. I would have loved to have taken that.

Guest Torrin

I would love to get my EMT certification back, but I can't find anywhere in the Franklin area. I contacted Columbia State 3 times and could not get anyone to respond. I would hate to drive to Camden for classes and the Tech classes already started. Anyone have ideas in the Nashville area?

Guest Old goat

I got my CPR/First re-cert online, ICPRI. TOSHA said it was fine. I have taken the hands on several time and thought this was just as good. $19.95 each, might be worth looking at for you.