Scoping an M1A rifle

I am planning to add a mount to add an optic to my Springfield M1A. I can't decide whether to go with the Sadlak scope mount or the Ultimak Scout Mount. Anyone have any experience with either? Either way, I want to be able to use my irons if I choose to, which is why I am looking at these. The Sadlak mount has a channel that allows the use of iron sights and the Ultimak Scout Mount is so low that it doesn't block the iron sights. I do know that the scout mounts require long eye relief scopes, so that is one of the reasons I am hesitating to go that route. Anyone have some advice?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have not messed with one as far as putting a scope on a M1A type rifle in many years, but unless something has changed as i remember it. your idea will not work well because we made check pieces so we could have a good check weld, and mine were about a inch tall i think, so even with the scope off you would be looking over the top of the sights with the check piece.

think of the old colt HBAR with the scope mounted on the carry handle and the tall check piece that it came with.

but like i said that was more than a year or 2 ago. look in the competion shooting sports and if you can find Cloudy, or Mike P on enos they both are heavy metal shooters, not sure if Mike shoots a M1A but i know cloudy does.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.