My New Year's Resolution.

I was just fooling around with some of my knives when it dawned on me how much money I have spent the last couple of months on knives. While I have the money, it was still a lot to spend. Being normally tight-assed when it comes to money, I sort of cringed when I totaled it up.

I have two knives coming next year, the ZT 0561 and the ZT0777. Another will be after the first of the year (the XM-24), but it is already paid for. After those, that is it, no mas. That is my New Year's Resolution, to stop buying so many knives. Wish me luck.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just fooling around with some of my knives when it dawned on me how much money I have spent the last couple of months on knives. While I have the money, it was still a lot to spend. Being normally tight-assed when it comes to money, I sort of cringed when I totaled it up.

I have two knives coming next year, the ZT 0561 and the ZT0777. Another will be after the first of the year (the XM-24), but it is already paid for. After those, that is it, no mas. That is my New Year's Resolution, to stop buying so many knives. Wish me luck.

LOL,

I wish you the Best of luck my friend but I have been there myself several times.

Yeah Eric, I'm with you too. I'm going to quit buying knives and guns next year. And quit drinking so much beer. And drop those last five pounds to get me back to my high school weight. Who am I kidding? I'm not going to do any of those things.

I AM going to sell my boat next year. I'm going to buy more knives than I need then sell some of them because I feel guilty for buying so many knives that I don't need. I'm going to drink beer. Probably lots of beer. I like beer. I'll probably add five pounds to that other five pounds that I haven't lost yet.

Regardless, Happy New Year. I wish you the best in your endeavor. I'll buy any of your Chris Reeve's that you decide you need to liquidate at firesale prices.;)

I need to look up the STI post from last January. You made it what? Like a week and a half? :D

Hmmm, something like that. However, that was an entirely separate matter. I had to have that gun so it doesn't count. :)

I need to look up the STI post from last January. You made it what? Like a week and a half? ;)

I really do not like you MacGyver. You jinxed me. I made it a whopping 18 hours before I broke my resolution and bought two new CR knives. Don't talk to me anymore. :cool:

One-piece? You've got to be close to having the whole collection by now.

No, I worked out a deal with a guy on BF for a new Starbenza (Wilson Combat) and Startac (Wilson Combat). I didn't really want another Startac, but I got it for a very good price so it was hard for me to refuse.

In regards to the one-piece, I have about 15. I am still a long way from having the entire collection.

No, I worked out a deal with a guy on BF for a new Starbenza (Wilson Combat) and Startac (Wilson Combat). I didn't really want another Startac, but I got it for a very good price so it was hard for me to refuse.

In regards to the one-piece, I have about 15. I am still a long way from having the entire collection.

If you tire of the extra Star Tac, I may buy it from you I have not tried that version of the Unam

This is what I broke my resolution on.

img2012010600632.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Everyone has already seen my other Startac, so this is nothing new to post. The Starbenza is super sweet. If anyone is ever looking at getting a plain Sebenza 21, I would really consider looking at the Starbenza. It is double-lugged, and I like the pattern on the frame. It helps give you a really good grip on the knife.

I did have one success though. One of the salesmen I work with offered to sell me his Breitling LE Skyland Avenger because he knew I wanted a black DLC watch. It was a very nice watch, but thankfully I passed. I would have enjoyed it, but then bitched for months about spending the money.

Really nice! I'd love to have a Star Tac, especially one of the older ones that doesn't have the stabilizer disc.

Yeah, neither of my Startacs have the disc. I think it ruins the appearance of the knife. I somewhat understand CRK's reasoning for the disc, but you would think they would have come up with something better than that. I say somewhat because I still don't understand why some people have trouble opening their Umnumzaan. I think it is way easier than the Sebe.

Titanium-3.jpg

Edited by mav