Knoxville Area Training Opportunity

Guest Paul Gomez

Guest Paul Gomez

Folks,

I've been approached by some people in the Knoxville area about putting on a 4 hour medical course. The class is entitled Handling Traumatic Injuries. The cost is $125. They are attempting to locate a venue and lock in a date.

As people that carry guns, we understand that 911 won't get the cops there to solve the problem. However, we tend to think that, somehow, in a similar circumstance, 911 will get the medics there to solve the problem. We must have basic medical skills to provide care long enough to get ourselves or the people we love into the EMS system.

You can check out the description on my website.

HTI by GTI

Our goal is to teach you how to provide care for life threatening injuries until professional help becomes available. This course is designed to provide an overview of the knowledge AND skills necessary to handle the immediate aftermath of a traumatic injury and render care until EMS arrives.

Topics Covered Include:

Treating Gunshot Wounds to the Chest (Sucking chest wounds, etc)

Treating Major Bleeding (Arterial bleeds) from Gunshot Wounds

Addressing Airway Issues

Assembling a Personal Medical Kit

Patient Assessment in a Hostile Environment

Understanding the EMS & TECC/TCCC Models

If you are interested, chime in and I'll keep everyone apprised as the situation unfolds.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Paul Gomez
Any thoughts on running your other courses in Knoxville?

I'm happy to do it. It's just a matter of finding a suitable place to shoot. Got any ideas? :rolleyes:

I'm happy to do it. It's just a matter of finding a suitable place to shoot. Got any ideas? :)

What type of range are you looking for? Indoor? Outdoor? Coal Creek has hosted Rob Pincus a few times so they may be open to hosting your classes. If an indoor range would work, I'd be glad to talk to them about it.

Others on the forum here may have some better ideas on other local ranges.

Anybody got any ideas? I've trained with Paul a number of times before and if we could get him here in Knoxville, it would be a great opportunity.