Looking for a M'boro gunsmith

Guest TNHillbilly

Guest TNHillbilly

a friend of mine is wanting to find a gunsmith in the Murfreesboro area.

He has several shotguns, and would like to get some of them looked at.

Jeff.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ScottD
On Target in the 'Boro has an off site gunsmith that they use.

Specialty Arms in Lavergne has a smith that seems to stay busy, too.

FYI, last time I was in Specialty, they said the didn't have a smith anymore.

Guest Todd@CIS

Specialty Arms no longer has Jeff Walle.

OnTarget's Mr. Scarpino does good work.

I use a Rutherford Co deputy for most things I don't want/can't do. He is very reasonable, too. PM me if you want his info.

Guest bluecanary25

I will have some idea about OnTarget's gunsmith soon. :up:

Last week I turned in a gun for repair, got call this evening gun is back.

Family member took the call and he's stepped out of the house, so I have minimum info.

Will try to retrieve it tomorrow. I am ignorant as to what to expect.....

I never had a gun repaired before.

So I shall learn.........

Guest bluecanary25

Ok, got my gun back. Turn around time is good.

Repairs look to be complete. Now I need some range time.

My first time needing a gunsmith. Not a bad experience.

IF I recall correctly, the gunsmith comes in twice a week; Tues and Fridays.

Folks at OnTarget are nice, too. Convenient for me as well.

• 1 year later...
Guest Jason F.

I was dissatisfied with the work the smith who works with On Target did. He corrected the issue to my satisfaction in the long run but it did take rework. I had a fairly simple job done on a 1911, a well known and well understood gun, and the problem was not corrected the first time. I fortunately took the time to shoot the gun there at the range when I picked it up and found the problem. He took the gun back and had it another week. It worked fine after the second "repair" with no more issues.

His costs were also a little on the high side for what was actually a pretty simple job. Safety replacement along with a oversize drill and pin job on an old worn pin and hole.

There is a guy on Almaville Rd just off Franklin Road. Know him personally and he does quality work. It's like the first or second driveway on the left. Dont have his number though. Sorry.

His name is James Carter. He's done a couple of jobs for me in the past with good results. His prices were reasonable at the time, though that was some years ago. His place is eassy to find, since it has his sign advertising Handgun Permit classes next to his driveway.

TK47

Guest ab28
I had a simple sight job by the On Target rip off shop and will never go back. It was ridiculous what I paid. They are very arrogant and rude at this place.

I don't know what is up with this, I have been going to On Target for years and was never treated less than respectful. I had a .22 rifle repaired and the price seemed reasonable. Sean and Ronnie seemed a little cold when I first went there, but maybe they need time to get to know you? I am that way with people I meet, I seem rude sometime, but I never get "buddy-buddy" with people, I have always been reserved.

I'd first take a repair to Grady Jones at the Collection Connection. If he can't fix it he will send you to someone who will do it right and for a fair price. The only man in Murfreesboro who knows more about working on guns than Grady is now retired.

I have had very mixed results from On-Target. One day they treat me like a king, the next visit, they don't seem at all concerned about earning my business. All in all, I find them to be a little "know it all" ish, and overly expensive for the level of service they provide.

Just my opinion, which as always, is worth every penny you paid for it. :screwy:

TK47