Good Decision or Not Sig P226 Israeli

runco

On another forum (while this site was down), found an interesting deal from Sarco in PA. They have used Israeli miltary/police Sig P226 beginning @ $325 for good condition. The forum thread read I was on, read on that Sarco was out of stock. So I figured I missed the deal. Well earlier today, I called for the heck-of-it, and the salesguy said they have plenty. The prices start at $325 (good condition), $375 (very good) and $450 (VG to excellent). So for what I am needing, just a shooter, and something to keep on my boat, I purchased the $325 version. I will let people know when I get it what kind of condition it really is. BTW - Before I made this posting, I just searched this site for Sarco, and found a few postings that wasn't too kind of Sarco 2+ years ago, now I wander if I made a Good Decision or Not. I am committed now, so I guess it doesn't matter. What do you think?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another forum (while this site was down), found an interesting deal from Sarco in PA. They have used Israeli miltary/police Sig P226 beginning @ $325 for good condition. The forum thread read I was on, read on that Sarco was out of stock. So I figured I missed the deal. Well earlier today, I called for the heck-of-it, and the salesguy said they have plenty. The prices start at $325 (good condition), $375 (very good) and $450 (VG to excellent). So for what I am needing, just a shooter, and something to keep on my boat, I purchased the $325 version. I will let people know when I get it what kind of condition it really is. BTW - Before I made this posting, I just searched this site for Sarco, and found a few postings that wasn't too kind of Sarco 2+ years ago, now I wander if I made a Good Decision or Not. I am committed now, so I guess it doesn't matter. What do you think?

I don't know but I'm very interested. Please take pictures when you receive it. What caliber? How many mags? Case? All of those good things I would love to hear. Remember, that the barrels for a new P226 aren't that expensive if that's the only thing that's bad but, as long as it's the same frame as all the other P226's, you can just buy a Caliber X-change kit and get a brand slide with barrel, recoil spring, guide rod and night sights for $280.

I'd be very interested in the condition of the frame.

Edited by wcsc12

I tried to order one of the 226's from Sarco. I called in late November when I saw the ad. They said they had plenty of them but they didn't have any magazines. :confused: They said they would have the magazines in about two weeks. I called back about three weeks later, still no magazines. Our conversation went like this:

Me: Would consider selling one without a magazine for $20 less?

Sarco: No, we are not selling any of them without magazines.

Me: Do you know when you will have the magazines?

Sarco: No

Me: I will give you my phone number. Would you please call me when you can sell one. I am very interested.

Sarco: Yes, I will call you when the magazines arrive and we are ready to sell the pistols.

I am still waiting on the call. In January I gave up and bought one on Gunbroker. I guess the magazines finally arrived.

Just re-read my post, I must have been tired when I wrote it. Little poor on english and grammer, but I did get a D in college for english. I did read somewhere else a similiar story on missing magazines. The guy I talked to made no mention about missing magazines, and said the pistol would ship in 1-2 days. So I am trusting what he said.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, picked up the gun today. First of all, Sarco said they would ship the gun in two days, that was Tuesday, Feb. 7th. I called on Tuesday this week, the guy said it was mailing today. Today (Friday, Feb. 17th) it arrived. So 11 days from point of CC number to arrival. The gun was bascailly nasty and with slight surface rust. I have pictures posted here: http://s963.photobucket.com/albums/ae114/runco0318/

The gun is a West German P226. Traditional sights, no night sites. No Star of David imprinted, since it was a Israeli pistol. I am still trying to intrepret the proof marks in order to tell the age. The rifling looks very crisp, and the slide was actually in great shape, and showed less wear than expected. Still lots of black showing on the rails, very little to no silver showing on the slide. The exterior is in fair condition, and cleaned up well. It has been well holstered. Barrel, slide and frame serial numbers all matched. It took about an hour to clean this thing. No witness marks on the grip screws, so I don't believe the plastic OEM grips have ever been changed or messed with. I was disappointed that Sarco Arms was stamped in front of the trigger guard, guess they had to since they are likely the importer. The clip is obviously not original and aftermarket. No name whatsoever on the high capacity clip. The gun feels a little loose when compared to my newer Sigs. I bought the gun to shoot and carry on my boat. So it is a Sig and I can't wait to shoot it. Price $325, shipping $11, FFL fee $20, TN Fee $10 = $366. Not a new gun by any means, but is a classic, and I have no fear to dinging this gun up, dropping this gun, etc. Who knows, this gun may have been a Masad gun, or may have taken a shot at Arafat and his clan in its day. Happy with the purchase!

Karnage, thanks. After using the magnifying glass, JH is the code, so I assume based upon your example 1987. Bascailly a well holstered 25 year old classic gun. You know in Tennessee if your car is 20+ years old, you can qualify for Antique license plates. So I wander what this thing qualifies for? lol! Serioulsy after I shoot it, and if I think its a keeper, if I can scrounge up $140 I am attempted to use the Sig Service Plan for new night sights and spring replacement. https://www.sigsauer.com/CustomShop/SSP.aspx

Update, picked up the gun today. First of all, Sarco said they would ship the gun in two days, that was Tuesday, Feb. 7th. I called on Tuesday this week, the guy said it was mailing today. Today (Friday, Feb. 17th) it arrived. So 11 days from point of CC number to arrival. The gun was bascailly nasty and with slight surface rust. I have pictures posted here: http://s963.photobuc...e114/runco0318/

The gun is a West German P226. Traditional sights, no night sites. No Star of David imprinted, since it was a Israeli pistol. I am still trying to intrepret the proof marks in order to tell the age. The rifling looks very crisp, and the slide was actually in great shape, and showed less wear than expected. Still lots of black showing on the rails, very little to no silver showing on the slide. The exterior is in fair condition, and cleaned up well. It has been well holstered. Barrel, slide and frame serial numbers all matched. It took about an hour to clean this thing. No witness marks on the grip screws, so I don't believe the plastic OEM grips have ever been changed or messed with. I was disappointed that Sarco Arms was stamped in front of the trigger guard, guess they had to since they are likely the importer. The clip is obviously not original and aftermarket. No name whatsoever on the high capacity clip. The gun feels a little loose when compared to my newer Sigs. I bought the gun to shoot and carry on my boat. So it is a Sig and I can't wait to shoot it. Price $325, shipping $11, FFL fee $20, TN Fee $10 = $366. Not a new gun by any means, but is a classic, and I have no fear to dinging this gun up, dropping this gun, etc. Who knows, this gun may have been a Masad gun, or may have taken a shot at Arafat and his clan in its day. Happy with the purchase!

Nice. I'm thinking about taking the plunge and getting one of these as well. Here's a question though, is it 9mm?

Range update, shot about 100 rounds through the gun toda, flawless and smooth, however my P220 was more accurate at the same distance at the same time. I was shooting 124 grain FMJ Speer Lawman 9mm in the P226. The P226 was a little high to the left. The P220 was dead accurate. Though the P226 is full of character, I may end up doing a duacoat project either flat black or mint desert. I think it was a good deal afterall. I do recemmond providing you have patience.