Sig 250 ?'s

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot of the resoning behind this design was so that gun owners who were only allowed to own one type of each firearm (places in Europe) had the ability to own different calibers and form factors while only leagaly possesing one gun.

Guest db99wj

Don't know the reasoning, I did play with one the other night. Pretty neat, the internal trigger mechanism and assembly comes out of the grip and lower frame, the slide and barrel come off just like normal of course. So you have the barrel, slide, the frame/grip/magwell area, and the magazine. Nothing has a serial number on it except the trigger assmbly piece(this might not be the correct name, but that is what it looks like) So you can change the slide, barrel, frame/grip/magwell, in order to change caliber, length of barrel and lenght of grip (change to subcompact frame), but still have the same "gun".

It seems to be a neat concept, not sure on cost of other parts.

This is my observation and all I know.

I had read that in an article and understand that concept (which neglected to mention the cost). I was just wondering about the mags. Is it alot like the Kel Tec P-11/40/.357? Where the slides are interchangable and the receiver drops into the grip and the slides/barrels all fit the dame receiver?

Edited by orientalexpress
Guest Law of Thirds

I'm not sure where but I seem to have seen the polymer grip/frames at around 75 each with barrels in the 100's range and different slide lengths in the 200's range. The only calibre that isn't a drop in fit with the others is the .45 as it uses a different slide than the 9mm/357sig/.40. Still, 150-175 to go from a 9mm full sized handle to a .40 subcompact isn't a bad price at all.

*If their magazines are anything like the normal .40 mags that take 357 and .40, you'll probably just need a different mag for the 9mm and the 45 ACP

I'm not sure where but I seem to have seen the polymer grip/frames at around 75 each with barrels in the 100's range and different slide lengths in the 200's range. The only calibre that isn't a drop in fit with the others is the .45 as it uses a different slide than the 9mm/357sig/.40. Still, 150-175 to go from a 9mm full sized handle to a .40 subcompact isn't a bad price at all.

*If their magazines are anything like the normal .40 mags that take 357 and .40, you'll probably just need a different mag for the 9mm and the 45 ACP

So im guessing you'll need shorter/longer mags for the the different grip lengths.

Guest m14man

so sig ripped off kel-tec and are calling it there design. man kel tec should really do somethin about this. everyones stealing there ideas.

Guest m14man

im sure they will. i was just kidding since some people got mad at ruger, before its said yes the ruger is almost a direct copy and the sigs not, but a copy of an idea is a copy of an idea.

Edited by m14man

I think they are something to keep an eye on and see how they do. Although its a DAO...its not their regular DAK system. IMHO the 250's trigger feels WAY better. I didn't get to fire one, but i was dry firing it alot in the store. Trigger has a much lighter pull than the DAK, and a nice clean crisp break to it. BUT...the reset is almost all the way back to zero, if not all the way back. Im sure with input SIG will tweak it. All I know is it felt great in my hand and the trigger felt good. Well see what happens with it.

Guest sling

Maybe its just me... and note i do love a good Sig... but does the 250 just feel... i dunno.. cheap?

I keep trying to convince myself its probably a good gun but everytime i fondle one i hate it.

I was going to say a Kel-tec...borderline High Point.

That's not fair.

I would agree with FNH. If they made the gun in an alloy frame it would go over better.

It is a pretty neat package I will say. And the first innovative thing I've seen from them since the DAK.

Guest db99wj
That's not fair.

I would agree with FNH. If they made the gun in an alloy frame it would go over better.

It is a pretty neat package I will say. And the first innovative thing I've seen from them since the DAK.

I agree with the neat package, it really doesn't feel anything like any other Sig, though, it is light and thin. In regards to my post, I'm not comparing the quality to that of a Ruger just a how it feels. The trigger on the Sig is much much better. Someone on here compared the Rugers trigger pull to that of a staple gun.

Guest sling

Ok, i take back my comment on that high point part... but it still feels at least like a kel-tec.

I just plain ole' dont like it. But...at least it aint a glock.:P