Restaurant Carry

Guest nraforlife

Guest nraforlife

From a previous thread it seems that the majority would like to stage a mass eat-in at carry friendly restaurants. Ok, lets picks some establishments statewide, get the word out to 'gun folk' and see what response we get. If its not going to be a dud - non-participation - and blow up in our face lets get it going.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GLOCKGUY
:crazy:I work for a franchised Buger King, He owns in Maury County, Bedford County, Marshall County. We are gun Friendly!!:)

does the owner let you carry while your on the clock working there ??

Guest nraforlife
Perhaps a more attention-getting tactic would be to do this 'eat-in' wearing an empty holster (if the resturaunt serves alcohol).

Pick a day and chain, I'll do it.

John Harris, yes TFA John, has offered to help get the word out on this.

I would pick Outback as they are all over the State as for when, it would take a few months to get the word out so as to not blow up due to non-participation. ANd yes, it would need to be groups not onesies and twosies but 10+.

Edited by nraforlife

I am all for this. I was going to suggest Father's day but I think I have a better idea. I don't know how many of you travel, but there is a day that America Celebrates its Freedom. July 4th. Now I am not saying to give up the 4th to go to a restaurant but the next day is a Saturday.

What about July 5th? Remember folks. Let's show how responsible we are. Don't Drink!!!! And the wife and I love Outback so that works for me. IF there isn't one in your town or close enough by should we say go to the local Chain Restaurant?

Agree...lots to consider.

Could be hard to do for everybody on one day, maybe a weekend?

Go as groups?

Empty Holster at places that serve alcohol or armed at places that don't?

Keep receipts and show how much HCP holders spend eating out? (Since money seems to be the key factor)

Media contacts.

Ask friendly legislatures to attend?

Plus many other things I guess....

It wouldn't be hard at all for me to pull up every transaction which I've made with any of my or my wife's favorite restaurants, a few thousand dollars for sure in the last year... I'd bet a collective tally of just the members here could total at least a million dollars spent in TN restaurants in the past year, now, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the collective revenue of the TN Restaurant Association's members, I'm sure, but it would be a large number to throw out there when asking for their support of restaurant carry... if we could convince them that their business is better with us patronizing them. Trying to hurt their business might be the wrong tactic.

Guest nraforlife
Agree...lots to consider.

Could be hard to do for everybody on one day, maybe a weekend?

Go as groups?

Empty Holster at places that serve alcohol or armed at places that don't?

Keep receipts and show how much HCP holders spend eating out? (Since money seems to be the key factor)

Media contacts.

Ask friendly legislatures to attend?

Plus many other things I guess....

IF this is what we want to do, I would think that now is the time to get the TFA and NRA onboard to start the groundwork. This cannot be a throw it together type of event but will need coordination, very careful planning, and LOTS of good PR work.

Ok, John what are your thoughts from the TFA/NRA?

Trying to hurt their business might be the wrong tactic.

What about going on a day they are not normally busy like a weekday? Seems like it would be easy to get lost in a holiday or weekend shuffle.

I know that wouldn't be convenient for everyone but maybe spread it out over one week and have a form letter to give to the manager saying something along the lines of "this vist is to show support of the HCP in restarurants, normally I would choose to go elsewhere but....". Have everyone give one to the managers and send one in to their offices (the letter may not make it anywhere if the manager is unfriendly.

Try to get with the local police chiefs/sheriff's so they know what is going on and even with advertising/media coverage before hand there is likely to be some skirmish with patrons "freaking out" so if the police know and the restaurants know there is less likelihood of bad interactions with the police.