handgun carry permit require practice or cetain competence level ?

Guest kwikrnu

Sounds like you have a bunch of pent up anger. :D What you should do is put that anger to use and call your state reps and have them change the law and require people to qualify every month or so in order to keep their permit. I would guess that most all permit holders do not go to the range on a regular basis. You know what? HCP holders killing bystanders with stray shots is almost unheard of.

actually, thats YOUR perception of it. most everyone I know here on the board goes to the range because it's not only fun but its the linchpin of their training.

as for my pent up anger? nah..ask anyone. I'm not an angry person.

I HAVE run into your type of person before. you're nothing but trouble on the hoof. if you can't intimidate someone you'll take them to court to get your way because YOU want what YOU want, regardless of other folks feelings/views.

You use state laws to bully folks, not as a last recourse or over something important. you do it over 100 bucks worth of merchandise that you should have known better than to buy second hand in the first place.

as for having the laws changed, I'm a big proponent of having LESS laws but you're living proof of why stupid laws are on the books to begin with.

as the laws are now. I need do nothing save stay away from you and ensure that you do NOT interfere with my business. You yourself will more than likely find yourself on the other end of a subpoena before long.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kwikrnu
actually, thats YOUR perception of it. most everyone I know here on the board goes to the range because it's not only fun but its the linchpin of their training.

as for my pent up anger? nah..ask anyone. I'm not an angry person.

I HAVE run into your type of person before. you're nothing but trouble on the hoof. if you can't intimidate someone you'll take them to court to get your way because YOU want what YOU want, regardless of other folks feelings/views.

You use state laws to bully folks, not as a last recourse or over something important. you do it over 100 bucks worth of merchandise that you should have known better than to buy second hand in the first place.

as for having the laws changed, I'm a big proponent of having LESS laws but you're living proof of why stupid laws are on the books to begin with.

as the laws are now. I need do nothing save stay away from you and ensure that you do NOT interfere with my business. You yourself will more than likely find yourself on the other end of a subpoena before long.

I'm a big bully that is why when someone owes me money I'll take them to court instead of threatening them. :D

Now it is my problem that I bought something which was represented to be in good working order but was not? I think not. I was cheated and am going through the proper legal avenue to remedy the situation. You would do the same.

Your post really has nothing to do with the topic so why not start a new thread explaining why people should not sue one another.

Guest eyebedam
I'm a big bully that is why when someone owes me money I'll take them to court instead of threatening them. :D

Now it is my problem that I bought something which was represented to be in good working order but was not? I think not. I was cheated and am going through the proper legal avenue to remedy the situation. You would do the same.

quote]

Im just curious what did you buy? Was it something from someone of the forum?

Your post really has nothing to do with the topic so why not start a new thread explaining why people should not sue one another.

nah, it SO wouldn't matter, talking sense to you is like singing to a stump.

Guest nraforlife

Now thats, "talking sense to you is like singing to a stump.", funny :D. Haven't heard that one before.

Sometimes ego overrules common sense. Unfortunately, HCP holders that don't take the responsibility of going armed seriously puts us all in a bad light. 'Bout all we can do is shake our heads and go about our business and hope that if something bad happens that he doesn't end up being Bubba's girlfriend in jail.

Guest eyebedam
Well at least he doesnt have a HCP at the current moment

So his permit was suspended then? All this drama over a 140.00 deal? If thats the case it bet itll be a pain to get it back & cost him atleast another 140.00 probably more.

Guest kwikrnu
Well at least he doesnt have a HCP at the current moment

I see you're talking out of your ass again.

edited part

I called the dept of safety 615-251-8590. I gave them my driver license number and the woman who took my call looked me up. She said my license was not suspended which kind of surprised me. She did say that their was some type of note which showed I was on their watch list though... She said I was legal to carry. I said I wanted to be in compliance with the law and the law states that someone with any order of protection was not to carry. She told me that since I did not represent myself in court yet was probably the reason why the permit had not been suspended or revoked yet.

Edited by kwikrnu
Guest kwikrnu
Unfortunately, HCP holders that don't take the responsibility of going armed seriously puts us all in a bad light.

Did I miss something? What don't I take seriously?

Guest nraforlife
Did I miss something? What don't I take seriously?

Why do you assume that I was referring to you when I specifically stated 'HCP holders that don't take the responsibility of going armed seriously...'

Guest kwikrnu
Why do you assume that I was referring to you when I specifically stated 'HCP holders that don't take the responsibility of going armed seriously...'

I'm glad to know you think I take it seriously.:confused:

Guest canynracer
The laws are made to protect the citizens of this State. If there was a real danger the State would come up with legislation to correct the problem. There is no problem therefore the legislation will not change. As far as I can tell no one in this State has been killed due to a missed shot while a person was defending himself or defending another.

So, now I suck at shooting a gun?

Until someone can prove to me that every HCP permit holder practices on a regular basis and they are better marksmen than me I will not change my mind.

:P

hmmm...so, because its not the law, you dont think practice makes you

better....and because "everyone else" in the world doesnt, its ok.

sounds childish...but whatever...

Never said you suck at shooting, I just said that practice makes ANYONE better at ANYTHING... has nothing to do with the law, and it has nothing to do with what others are doing...practice makes better, period, that is a FACT.

Guest canynracer

OMG!!! I almost pee'd!!! LMFAO!!! I need to use this as a signature...

Guest nraforlife
I'm glad to know you think I take it seriously.:P

Didn't say that either. I don't know if you do or don't, but I will agree with some of the other postings in that practice only makes one better. I am concerned about my skills and won't waste my time worrying about anyone elses. Everyones an adult and needs to make their own choices.

Edited by nraforlife
Guest JRules

Ok, I am going to pretend none of the drama in the past 6 pages happened and answer the question.

Moving here from Illinois, I had no exposure to guns. When I realized that I would like to own and carry one for my protection I started out by renting a gun and practicing once a week. The first time I went I informed the guy at the counter that I had never shot a gun before, and he went to the range with me and showed me how to use it and basic stance and functionality. Then stood with me while I shot the first magazine. After that its basically up to me unless I have a question, then its my responsibility to be safe and ask that question. A lot of the basic questions I had were answered at the class.

I think regardless of whether the class was required I would have gone anyway, its an excellent resource for the new gun owner, and honestly even if you have been around guns for a long time its a good review on basic laws etc...

I also believe that people who want to carry and protect themselves should practice a couple of times a month. With ammo prices being what they are, I understand people not shooting too often, but 100 rounds every other week is not going to break anyone.

when someone owes me money

dude you are a slug, a drain on life. You first reaction is along the lines of " lets see how I can screw someone over today and then try to make out on my stupidity"

Crawl back into the hole you came out of. You are not welcome in my life anymore.

dude you are a slug, a drain on life. You first reaction is along the lines of " lets see how I can screw someone over today and then try to make out on my stupidity"

Crawl back into the hole you came out of. You are not welcome in my life anymore.

But there is no "law" that prevents him from being in your life. I'm sure he'll suggest you contact your local law makers to have that changed.:D

Guest darkstar

I'm starting to think Kwikernu is Bart Durham in disguise or something. "Justice is your right and WE demand it!"