TGO Adopt A Highway - Sumner County

It's that time of year again. We need to get out to our stretch of highway and pick up some trash, putting a good face on the gun owners of the great state of Tennessee. We need to pick a date and get some volunteers. We own the east bound lanes of Vietnam Veteran's Blvd/Hwy 386 in Sumner County, from mile marker 4 to mile marker 6. I would love to see at least 10 people volunteer but the more the merrier. Now for dates:

In March the only Saturday I have free is March 31st so if we can't get enough volunteers for that date we'll have to look at April. Sundays are generally not good for me but if a majority of the group wants to do it on a Sunday I will go with that. Also, I would like to get this done while the weather is still pretty pleasant but even on a pretty chilly day you'll warm up pretty quickly picking up a quarter mile's worth of trash. The next pick up will be on a hot day so let's get this one scheduled while we can still enjoy ourselves. So, all you civic minded upstanding citizens of Tennessee it's time to pick a date. You have my vote above. Let's see yours now.

Edit: Go here to print and sign a waiver (Volunteer Release Form at the bottom of the page). Once you have it filled out PM me for my mailing address so you can send it to me and I will get it to the TDOT office to be put on file.

http://www.tdot.stat...t-a-highway.htm

Edited by LagerHead
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 March is good for me, presently. Any idea what time?

Early. I'm thinking we meet around 7 or 8AM and get to work. Or have breakfast and then get to work. Whatever works for everyone.

I'm in. Do you have the waivers from last time? Thanks for doing this Robert.

Damn good point. No I don't but I will send Blak a message and see if I can get them.

I will go out and get a stack of waivers this week and get them sent out to those interested in helping out. Thanks for the info Blake.

The waiver can be printed from the website. If I remember correctly, the waivers need to be filled out, sent back to our coordinator (56FordGuy?), then turned into TDOT prior to the cleanup date.

The waiver can be printed from the website. If I remember correctly, the waivers need to be filled out, sent back to our coordinator (LagerHead), then turned into TDOT prior to the cleanup date.

Yep. Waivers filled out and sent to LagerHead, then he can turn them in to TDOT when he picks up the supplies (signs and trash bags).

In that case, get on it folks. Get those waivers filled out and sent to me. PM me for the address when you are ready to send it out. The waiver is at the bottom of the page, at the link titled "Volunteer Release Form." If anyone doesn't have Microsoft Word let me know and I send it to you in another format.

Edited by LagerHead
  • 2 weeks later...

Jak, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. If you can't make it this weekend I doubt there is anyone who would not understand completely. But if you can I will need your waiver soon. I will need to turn these in before I can pick up the bags, etc. Thanks to everyone who has volunteered. And if you have any friends on here make sure you shame them into volunteering as well. ;)

Guys, that just doesn't leave enough people to do it. With only 4 waivers received and me, then minus Steel that's four people so it's gonna have to wait. I will start another thread in the next couple of days to choose a day during April. Hopefully the folks that already have waivers in my safe will still be willing to make it. I really do appreciate everyone here stepping up.

Expect a PM/email from me as well so nobody gets missed because they didn't see this thread update.