Grab and go AR

Guest Slamskie

The Wal-mart here in Franklin has a DPMS AR for $589, flat-top light weight version....seems like that would be a pretty good grab and go bug out rifle....if only I had an extra $589:(

Guest 6.8 AR

Ha. Yeah, bugout for me would mean retreating from the deck to the living room. I carry a 16 inch bbl AR on the back forty (well, back

3000 now) for coyotes and such. I'm a little iffy on using a shorty barrel with a round that needs all the MV it can get. Cheap optical and iron backups. If I were buggin out on wheels I would choose a 30 caliber platform. Come to think of it, an M1 carbine would do as well for the nature walks, and is lighter than the AR to boot. Hmmm....

11inch barrel is good for 6.8 with a fast charge and a light bullet, say 85grain Barnes.

Guest ThePunisher

Since it's already built, my 6.8 pistol. Noveske pig, Eotech and sling. Short and sweet.

I don't care for NFA toys and I like compact.

If things got that bad, I'd hopefully have a rifle and plenty of ammo nearby. I usually do.

Same caliber.

Trouble is, I don't have anywhere to go except home.

Fighting is a young man's game. But I'll try to hold down the fort.

I looked at the Noveske website, and they only show the pistol in .556 caliber. Is your 6.8 pistol another brand?

Guest 6.8 AR

No, the barrel isn't Noveske, just the pig. I got a short barrel quite a while back from Cardinal Armory.

Out of business now. I built all my AR's from scratch.

Guest 6.8 AR

They've got quite a few barrels in 6.8. Go back and look again. I may get one of the 8.5 or 10.5 inch

barrels from them and build another. I have another pistol project in the works. Beats having to do the

stamp routine, just for a buttstock. Bit ridiculous.

Guest ThePunisher

No, the barrel isn't Noveske, just the pig. I got a short barrel quite a while back from Cardinal Armory.

Out of business now. I built all my AR's from scratch.

I like the idea of compact also. I'm thinking of getting a PWS MK 109 pistol in .300 Blackout. The pistol is 25.5 inches with a 9" barrel. What do you think of this caliber in an AR pistol?

Guest 6.8 AR

I don't know anything about the blackout. I picked 6.8 a few years ago and pretty much stuck with it.

I've built a couple of 5.56 pistols for friends. You are the second person I've heard mention the blackout.

I guess I need to do some reading. I noticed Noveske had the barrels for them and were sold out, That

says something!