Armscor/Rock Island Armory .38 special

Caster

Anyone have one of these very inexpensive pistolas? I have sold all my 38/357's but I have several...uhh...well I have a LOT of .38's loaded. This is unacceptable.

I probably wouldn't shoot it a whole lot. Couple thousand a year. The Armscor is reasonably priced and looks nice. It almost looks like a Colt clone with the cylinder latch the way it is.

Tell me what ya know.

m200.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You've summed it up quite nicely already, it's an updated Colt Police Positive/Detective Special with a coil mainspring. One of the employee's of a local gunstore and I pulled the grips off of one in their inventory and gave it a bit of attention. The DA/SA isn't bad and the fit and finish are fairly decent for it's cost. Overall I'd say it's a lot nicer than the old Rossi and early model Taurus revolver's that were being sold in the 1970-1980's.

I handled one a year or so ago. I didn't shoot it. It's definitely not up to Colt standards for fit and finish as stated. For example, I have a Colt Agent and when you cock it and hold the hammer back and then pull the trigger, there is absolutely no play in the cylinder. The lock up is outstanding! There was quite a bit of play in the Armscor version that I handled when I tried this. You could shake it and hear it raddle. Of course, the one I was handling was also something like $250. I would be interested in hearing some range reports.

Edited by Moped

Rumor has it that Armscor bought the machinery or something. I am not sure completely and it was disputed. It has been generally agreed upon that it is a Colt clone, and a fair one at that.

I have yet to find a fact laden report, or even a review from an owner.

I am highly interested in them, but being as how you can get a S&W Model 10 turn in for a few bucks more, I haven't really made my mind up one way or the other.