Random Pics From Various Float Trips on the Clinch.

Besides being nearby (20 minutes from where I live), the Clinch River Tail waters below Norris Dam are just flat out pretty and peaceful... plus there's some decent fish. Anyone up for a float?

60360003.jpg

60360004.jpg

34615_413018628854_603068854_474764.jpg

16335_167282828854_603068854_293486.jpg

4546_92294818854_603068854_2016714_.jpg

32257_390535983854_603068854_417748.jpg

316-1.jpg

321.jpg

266.jpg

254382_10150251317578855_603068854_.jpg

60350027.jpg

325-1.jpg

302-1.jpg

327.jpg

Clear2520water.jpg

Yepper, the Clinch is the one mistress my lovely wife allows me to have... and the only one I really want or need. ;)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to live and work close to Norris Dam. I worked a shift from noon til 9. I would go fishing several mornings a week before work and go in smelling like trout. I'd have the trout in the cooler in the car then go home and fry them up after work. I never cared that I smelled like fish at work. I miss the Clinch but it's quite a haul for me now.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cardcutter

It is amazing how much the stress seems to go away when you float down a beautiful river. I hardly ever fish and I still find it to be relaxing.

Is that river stocked? I have floated the duck and elk a good bit, but the trout are stocked and do not last long after they dump a load. Either way, looks like a great time. If I ever get back up in that area, I'd love to float the Clinch.

It's stocked - Eagle Bend Hatchery is just across the river from where I take out - but there's also a better than fair amount of wild fish. Currently there's a 14 - 21 inch slot limit and only one fish over 21 inches may be kept. I might also mention that the state record Brown (28lbs,12oz) came out of this same stretch of water.

Up for a float? Not if they have seen your other thread with all the fishing mishaps LOL!

Those weren't mishaps, they were character builders! :P:lol:

I want to go...because of his other mishaps! Plus, I've always wanted to experience his kind of fishing! I want that little cute game warden to "check" me!

I'd like to have check me again too, Dave. Unfortunately she's eleven hundred miles and more than twenty years in the past from where I am now. :-\:lol:

Those weren't mishaps, they were character builders! :P:lol:

I'd like to have check me again too, Dave. Unfortunately she's eleven hundred miles and more than twenty years in the past from where I am now. :-\:lol:

Dang...just my luck!!! Well at least my friend, are the trout biting?

Last time I floated - 'bout three weeks ago - I could have limited out if I'd felt like cleaning fish, so I guess that's a 'yes.'

Come to think of it, of all the times I've fished the Clinch (and that's been a BUNCH!), the only time I've ever even seen a Game Warden was at the take out ramp and he spent 5 minutes admiring my canoe cart without ever asking for my license.