Any wine drinkers

I've only got about 10 empty bottles right now (a couple might have the screw on caps). I generally throw away bottles of wines that I already have an empty one of. I use it as a method of trying to remember a wine I like, but - I will start saving every bottle for you if you let me try some of your wine, though.

There is a guy I work with that him and his wife are decent wine drinkers and they have a huge collection of bottles that I doubt they would part with, but I will ask if I can have any duplicate bottles.

PM me whenever you are in the Knoxville area and they are yours.

That would be fine, which flavor?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nysos

That would be fine, which flavor?

Your wine, you make the pick. Beggars can't be choosers. I will check to see how many bottles I have when I get home to give you an exact number. I also have 3 that are opened but not finished yet, might give me an excuse to kill them off over the next couple days.

Guest Lester Weevils

I thought wine came in boxes rather than bottles nowadays. :)

Wife will occasionally indulge, but wine always gives me terminal long-lasting heartburn. Only surpasseed by champagne. One glass of champagne and the tummy hurts the rest of the day. Dunno what could be in the stuff to cause that, because I can drink moderate amounts of 100 proof whiskey on the rocks with no ill effect at all.

I thought wine came in boxes rather than bottles nowadays. :)

Wife will occasionally indulge, but wine always gives me terminal long-lasting heartburn. Only surpasseed by champagne. One glass of champagne and the tummy hurts the rest of the day. Dunno what could be in the stuff to cause that, because I can drink moderate amounts of 100 proof whiskey on the rocks with no ill effect at all.

Its the aditives, my wine done give me heartburn even after 2 bottles. :)

Guest Lester Weevils

Its the aditives, my wine done give me heartburn even after 2 bottles. :)

That may be a purty good theory. Dunno if I've ever drunk home-made wine.

On the other hand the commercial wine doesn't seem to upset wife's tummy.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest nysos

Certain wines give me pretty bad heartburn as well, generally certain brands of reds. I don't recall ever getting heartburn after drinking a white.

Its the aditives, my wine done give me heartburn even after 2 bottles.

Yep, we have been trying to find more organic wines to minimize the crap in the wine. Can be expensive but there are some decent, inexpensive ones.

Yep, we have been trying to find more organic wines to minimize the crap in the wine. Can be expensive but there are some decent, inexpensive ones.

Try some of the local wineries. Most don't use the crap commercial wine have in them. If you like a sweet red muskidine the exit 76 has a nice place and his red muskidine is real good. I drank a bottle the other night and did not have any heartburn.