Hunting and Fishing Bucket List

We all say it every now and then "I want to hunt this and fish for that" before I die or get too old. Well, what's on your "Bucket List?"

Keep it on the subject of Hunting, Fishing, Trapping or being a NUISANCE-or-PAYBACK to folks that have "wronged" you in the outdoors (just for humorus purposes only)....

I'll go first (This list is not in any order of importance) It's just a must do...

1. Harvest an Elk (Anywhere)

2. Harvest a 350 + pound Wild Hog with Flintlock Rifle (TN, AL, FL) It seems for now that TN is out of the run.

3. Trout fish an Ice Cold mountain stream or river. ( East TN or North GA)

4. Participate in an Authentic WWII Live Shoot (must be with period rifle, gear and uniform. Axis and Allied).

5. Chase down and beat a jet skier with my canoe paddle while out canoeing (seems some of them thinks it's funny when they "buzz you" and cause you to flip over....RRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Well, there you have it.....at least for now!

1) Fly fish in Patagonia

2) kill an elk (preferably MT, ID, AK)

3) Fly fish for large salmon in the northwest.

4) Fly Fish in the Caribbean from a flats boat

5) Shoot an antelope from long distance

6) Kill anything on the continent of Africa (thanks nightrunner for the reminder)

Edited by Lumber_Jack

1. Live until I die and continue to enjoy whatever fishing/hunting opportunities present themselves, whenever and where ever they happen to be.

2. Get shot by a jealous husband at the age 110 whilst showing his 25 year old wife what else "we used to do down at the old fishin' hole."

;)

• Like 1

1. Live until I die and continue to enjoy whatever fishing/hunting opportunities present themselves, whenever and where ever they happen to be.

2. Get shot by a jealous husband at the age 110 whilst showing his 25 year old wife what else "we used to do down at the old fishin' hole."

;)

I likey!!!!

;)

There's a classy dude in every bunch! LOL

Guest ochretoe

Take a moose with my flintlock

spend a year in some remote place all alone. Right now I'm leaning toward an island in the caribian.

Be with my son when he takes his first buck

1) Red River Hog in West Africa with a traditional bow

2) Complete the 'Ham Slam' with a traditional bow (I just need to get a Bushpig)

3) Maine Moose with a traditional bow

4) Wyoming Elk, either bow or muzzleloader

5) Alligator over 9' (fingers crossed for this fall!)

6) Longnose gar over 6' (I've got 2 at 71" right now)

7) Freerange Texas Aoudad.

I reckon that should keep me dreaming for the next 20 years or so!

Guest Bassman17SC

Not a hunter, but a fisherman. Here goes...

1. Fly fishing for bonefish on Christmas Island

2. Grand Slam (bonefish, permit, tarpon) in the Florida Keys

3. Fly fishing trip to Alaska for salmon/trout/grayling

4. Fly fishing trip to Yellowstone

5. Bass fishing trip to Stick Marsh/Farm 13

I am lucky enough to say that I have crossed a few off my list. Note below that for the ones I have marked off, I am not saying that I caught or killed, just that I was able to experience the trip. Some trips were successful and some weren't, but in the end it was the trip I enjoyed.

I have tarpon fished Boca Grande Pass.

I have King/Silver/Sockeye salmon fished all over Alaska.

I have fished the Florida flats for Redfish.

I have hunted black bear, moose and Dall Sheep in Alaska.

I have hog hunted in South Florida with a rifle/pistol/bow.

I have halibut fished in Alaska.

I have deep sea fished both coasts of Florida.

I have bass fished Lake Okeechobee.

I have trout fished wild rainbows in Alaska streams.

I have deer hunted Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Missouri and Tennessee.

I have turkey hunted Alabama, Florida and Tennessee.

Here is what's left on my list:

Complete a grand slam for turkey.

See my daughter catch her first salmon in Alaska.

Elk Hunt out west.

Deer hunt in Saskatchewan.

Fish out of Costa Rica.

I was lucky to get the opportunity to live in Alaska and south Florida. I was also fortunate to find friends in both areas to teach me and mentor me through my adventures. Had it not been for more experienced sportsmen taking the time to pass their knowledge down to me, I would never had been able to do as much as I have. In many cases I was slightly strong armed into some of my adventures. I appreciate now that those guys coaxed me into going. That's what it takes to keep our sports alive.

Catch a 4 lb + crappie;

Quail hunt wild birds with a muzzle loading shotgun;

Make another trip to Alaska (and spend at least 3 months);

Catch a 4 lb + lobster in the Keys;

Remember where I put the key to my boat...