Music City Cup II - 2012

On November 3rd, 2012, Music City Tactical Shooters will host our second annual Music City Cup II. Last year, this was highest attended sanctioned event in TN. Expect better and more challenging stages than last year. Standards stages will not be present and expect a high round count as last year. Registration is now open: http://www.mctsclub.com/musiccitycup2012.html. The match is limited to the first 150 paid shooters. This number will not include any vendors, sponsored shooters, or match officials. Prize table will be present and better than last year. If you did not attend, you truly missed out!

Any questions or concerns can be directed to Michael Bresson, President Music City Tactical Shooters (President@mctsclub.com).

Guest rbrooks65

The inaugural Music City Cup was a great match, and I'm sure that the Music City Cup II will be even better.

Last year's Cup was my first time to shoot a sanctioned match, and it was a tremendous (and humbling) learning experience. I would encourage anyone who enjoys IDPA but has never shot a sanctioned match to give the Cup II a try. The stages can be a bit intimidating as compared to a regular club match, but you will be surrounded by great SO's and a lot of experienced shooters who are ready and willing to both help and encourage you along the way. In the meantime, you can get some good practice for the Cup II by shooting one of the regular IPDA matches put on by the folks at MCTS. Their matches are always challenging and first rate, and there are folks who are new to the range or new to IDPA at every match.

If you are thinking about signing up for the Cup II, then do so quickly. It will fill up in no time.

See you in November!

• 3 months later...

Last year was 10 stages and around 180 round count. This year will be similar or bigger. But with an even more amazing prize table.

You must be an IDPA member with a current (within the last year) classification in the division you want to shoot. We will run a Classifier a couple of weeks before the Cup match. Legal gun, gear and ammo.

Get your paper work going. We will limit it to the first 150 shooters.

What does one have to do to be able to participate? Do you have to actually be any good? Is there a classification for "he shows up"? :)

I did actually join IDPA a couple of weeks ago; now that I'm almost done with my latest degree I actually have a little bit of free time (at least on some weekends).

Edited by RobertNashville

What does one have to do to be able to participate? Do you have to actually be any good? Is there a classification for "he shows up"? :)

All you really have to be is Classified in the sport and have the legal equipment. Everyone is broken down into their skill level, Marksman, Sharpshooter, Expert and Master so you only compete against people of relative skill. I shot my first major after just a few times at the local matches. I had a blast and it really inspired me to shoot more and improve. I encourage everyone to go to a major match for the experience and the Music City Cup is one of the best.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest rbrooks65

Whether you are a new shooter looking to test your skill, or a seasoned veteran looking for a premiere match to finish out the season, the Music City Cup will not disappoint. The Cup is once again on track to be the most well-attended IDPA match in Tennessee. Great people, great food, and great prizes from the sponsors. You won't want to miss it!

• 3 weeks later...

Stages have not been approved yet(sent to the AC back 9/4) so we are going ahead and doing it anyways!

The match will be a minimum of 12 stages. High round count, plenty of activated targets, and steel(all within IDPA specifications). The match will have plenty of prizes for everyone(no trinkets, great prizes like Glock firearms, shooting bags, 500.00 gift certificates, bullets, powder, etc)! I am checking all IDPA Classifications.

I do have some sponsored slots available given by prize table vendors. Email me at President@mctsclub.com or you can call me to discuss. I am available at your convenience.

• 3 weeks later...