Morals

Guest Sgt. Joe

I'll got with what Strickj said.

It is just more open now, doesn't mean things are less moral.

An unlikely pair for me to agree with but I do 100%.

Everything that we see today 24/7 has always been going on since man set foot on this planet, it is just the idea of the instant tecnology that constantly puts it in our faces that makes it seem much worse than it is.

At least that is what I think....I dont claim to actually "know" anything. ;)

Guest 6.8 AR

Absolutely. I wanna shoot a couple of your 6.8's when I'm drinking. You still haven't had a chance to shoot my SOCOM either. I wish those dang zombies would hurry up. I'm pumped!

Zombies would not like either one. We need to put it to the test.

Guest profgunner

Zombies would not like either one. We need to put it to the test.

You guys are absolutely out of control! Makes me want to fire up the old Panhead and head your way. Wild Turkey on ice is my preference.
Guest profgunner

We'll have a groupthink and then the Hell with what we thought about. :D Probably needs to be out in the woods, though.

Well, wife just vetoed extracurricular excursion tonight. But there will be other times. Would be an absolute blast to hook up with you guys sometimes. I have to say I've only been on this board a short time, but I'm really impressed with the intellectual quality of the discussions. And AR you are right, any groupthink session definitely needs to be WAY out in the woods!
Guest ThePunisher

You should surmise that at least 2/3 of humanity doesn't believe it and that not even all Christians believe it.

- OS

Yeah, and everybody were merrily drinking and laughing at Noah building his Ark.

Since there was an esoteric discussion of morals including the theories of evolution, the Big Bang, Big Chill, Big Crunch and others, and since the topic was on Morals, I don't think you can exclude discussion of Biblical beliefs since Christianity comprises a large demographic of the U.S. and the world.

I think Noah got the last laugh.

Cheers!!

Guest profgunner

It will be interesting how morals will play a part in people's lives after the rapture happens. Who or what will be the most moral influence of people lives then. Will you be experiencing the living hell then? Without the influence of the church as a moral compass, I think there will be alot more immorality on earth, and will morals be eventually forgotten.

Please help me understand your point of view. Can you explain to me what you expect will happen at the rapture?
Guest ThePunisher

Yep. All my ancesters wound up drowning. That's why I'm not really here.

I think I've heard of outta mind, outta body experiences that you may be going through.

Guest ThePunisher

Please help me understand your point of view. Can you explain to me what you expect will happen at the rapture?

Not to be impolite, but you can google "Rapture" and learn all about the Christian beliefs of the rapture. There is a wealth of information on the topic.

Morals have nothing to do with religion. Either you know the difference between right and wrong or you don't. It's really that simple...to me.

Of course, we'll have to make exceptions for everyone's philosophical beliefs as that is all the rage in this country.

• Like 2
Guest profgunner

Not to be impolite, but you can google "Rapture" and learn all about the Christian beliefs of the rapture. There is a wealth of information on the topic.

I don't think you are impolite, but I did look for some information and there seems to be different interpretations of what is expected to happen. For example, some think it may involve one event, others two. Others disagree on the destination of the gathering. So, I'm really curious to know what your take on this is.

Steve

Edited by profgunner

Morals have nothing to do with religion. Either you know the difference between right and wrong or you don't. It's really that simple...to me.

Of course, we'll have to make exceptions for everyone's philosophical beliefs as that is all the rage in this country.

I figured you were coming with us. It's gonna be something to see when OhShoot starts drinkin' again. I know Mike's in (or he would be if he was really here).

Guest ThePunisher

I don't think you are impolite, but I did look for some information and there seems to be different interpretations of what is expected to happen. For example, some think it may involve one event, others two. Others disagree on the destination of the gathering. So, I'm really curious to know what your take on this is.

Steve

I believe in the pre-tribulation rapture.

Guest profgunner

I believe in the pre-tribulation rapture.

Well, I don't know anything about that. Can you please point me to a source of information?

Thanks,

Steve

Guest Sgt. Joe

I've met Mike357 and he isnt really here, wherever he is, it is WaaaaaaY out there. :D

A person does not have to be religious to be a good person and just because a person may be religious being such does not guarantee that they are good people.

IMHO...As always

Guest Lester Weevils

It's hard to say what will/has happened (obviously), but with the possibility (probability) of the existance of dark matter/dark energy, the "Big Chill" is another possibility. The universe just keeps expanding until it just runs out of energy and everything essentially freezes. Another is that a big bang is just the "ass end" of a black hole. When the black hole sucks in enough matter and compresses it down to its singularity, it explodes out the other side in a big bang, creating another universe. Lots of really interesting theories abound. Many of them conclude that this universe is not the only universe. Either we are in just one of a long chain of cycles, or there are several other universes that coexist with us. Very, very throught provoking.

I'm too dumb with math to entertain the ideas except in layman popularizations. Have occasionally read about it over the decades. Was googling some of the ideas today. Apparently new observations constantly made and people daily invent new reasons why various models "can't work". Refuted by others who say "yes it can." :) Was intending to describe a couple of the more interesting "oddball" variations had read about. Interesting to a no-nothing layman anyway. Decided not to because of the high probability of ignorantly reporting ideas that may have been completely discredited already. It is fun to read though.

Edited by Lester Weevils