Snake!!!!

Guest db99wj

Guest Engloid

My opinion: Snakes have their place in this world... to eat rodents that keep diseases under control.

However, the place for that snake isn't in somebody's backyard. I'd have caught it and took it somewhere it could live safely and still do its job in this world.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion: Snakes have their place in this world... to eat rodents that keep diseases under control.

However, the place for that snake isn't in somebody's backyard. I'd have caught it and took it somewhere it could live safely and still do its job in this world.

Unfortunately, if the snake isn't in your back yard, he can't eat the rodents in your back yard.

Guest 70below

Just in case anyone was still curious if that snake in the original post truely was a copperhead. I gave the picture to a friend of mine to look at, and he started salivating and wondering if I knew where it was, he wanted to go catch it because, as he put it, "thats a copperhead! A very LARGE copperhead!" He had no doubt what it was, he's bred snakes and reptiles for 30 years, and owned a pet shop for a time.

Guest MidTNShooter

I live out in the country and have a hobby for years. I grab my favorite adult beverage and walk a hundred yards to my pond and picnic area. Hold on, this is where the fun begins. I load the pistol, set up a lawn chair and shoot the water moccasins and snapping turtles till it gets dark. Now I don't drink and shoot, because that would be careless. I ALWAYS put the glass down so my two handed stance insures proper shot placement.

My next door neighbor came over and asked if I would clear his pond as well. A clean pond keeps my Bass and Catfish alive and my guests and children safe.

If any of you PETA people have a problem with my technique, come on over and grab them. I'll have my video camera ready (for YouTube) and my adult beverage. I figure that I can shoot video AND hold my glass the same time. I hope you won't mind me giggling at ya when they bite back?

Take Care,

MTS

Guest Engloid
Unfortunately, if the snake isn't in your back yard, he can't eat the rodents in your back yard.

I don't have snakes in my backyard. I do have kids, so I wouldn't allow a poisonous snake to remain near the house...

I don't have snakes in my backyard. I do have kids, so I wouldn't allow a poisonous snake to remain near the house...

I thought we were talking about all snakes, not just the poisonous ones. No, even for me, if it has fangs, it is gone to snakey heaven.

Your kids will probably grow up to be herpetologists. :eek:

Guest betobeto

Kill em !!!!!! Who gives a crap about fangs I really never check to make sure they have em before my gun goes Bang!

It would look like soup when I was finished:D

Edited by betobeto