Sig 938 Has Shipped To Distributors

runco

On Facebook, Sig Saur announced yesterday that the first shipments of 938s have shipped to distributors. I wander which gd in the Knoxville area will receive them first. I have held off from buying the Sig 238, but I want the 938. I know I should wait at least a year to make sure Sig has the bugs worked out, but I want 938 now. Got to have one! Maybe Bentons will have them, need to place a standing order.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any difference in cocked & locked if the pistol is carried properly in a pocket holster and not rattling around with your keys. I like my Wife's P238 and would be looking at the 938 if I didn't like my CM9 so much.

Joe W.

if at all possible I will have the first one of these to hit chattanooga :) At which time anyone who wants to shoot it is welcome to help break it in.

Unrelated but S&W did an amazing thing this month. First shields to hit the street were found all over, in small shops and large, very fairly distributed. I hope sig can do that as well.

Guest twpayne75

I have seen new, barebones 238's for $459 at the shows.

Dolomite

Sorry. Should have been more specific. What's the selling price on the 938?

Guest twpayne75

Someone on gunbroker claims to have one, but I bet it's more of a waiting list consider his ad has 89 days to go. His price is $699. http://www.gunbroker...?Item=283195552

Don't know if this is the case here or not. But generally I can buy a gun anywhere way cheaper than on Gunbroker.

So hopefully $699 is on the higher side. So if I ordered this after shipping, transfer, BGC etc I would have $757.25 in it.

I don't think I could put more than mid $600 in one.

Edited by twpayne75
Guest twpayne75

my p238 was 600 or so. I expect them to be at least that for the first year.

Probably so. But here recently I have seen them in the mid $500s.

Probably so. But here recently I have seen them in the mid $500s.

Yea, since the announcement of the 9mm the price on the 380 is down.... but I still would expect the 9 to be high for a "while". The old pay & get one early or wait for the deal decision.

Guest olddog

i had been holding off on the sig 238 for some time due to some bad press. however i bought a 238 extreme and have not been sorry. i carry it in an Uncle Mike's holster in my pocket and it is great. i had been carrying a s&w bodyguard but the sig is a lot better.

I was on the fence about this, too, but found a good deal on a 238, so I went ahead and got it. Very pleased with it overall. I can honestly say I don't know what I'll sell to get a 938, but if they turn out as nice a gun as the 238, I'll have to find a way to own one.

Guest bulluck533

There is so many models of the sig 238's that the prices are everywhere depending on what model you get I have heard that the 938's are going to be a around $650 and up if were lucky. The first years they are out they are going to be even more because of demand. So good luck to you.

I know I should wait at least a year to make sure Sig has the bugs worked out, but I want 938 now. Got to have one!

I'm struggling with my will power too on this! Problem is I don't have any. Oh well someone has to do the beta tests. :-\