sti pistols

Guest swatcop50

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swatcop50

Time I found STI, they had stopped makeing the rogue, which is the model I wanted. Now all they make are gigantic models that are just another big 1911 to me, and I have one of those already.

Do yourself a favor and go to the website and look at the " Off Duty" NOT a large gun at all.............. :D

Guest swatcop50

Got a 9mm Trojan. You hear about a lot of drama with 9mm 1911s, but the Trojan has run like a Glock. Best $1K 1911 available. Will probably end up with a .40 Eagle someday.

Yes, my other STI is a 9mm Tactical and I love it................. :)

Guest twpayne75

Where are you finding any of these things?

I was on an STI kick a year or so ago and couldn't find anything, anywhere. A couple dealers I spoke to both told me that they could order what I wanted, but may be up to 6 months before it would arrive.

Where are you finding any of these things?

I was on an STI kick a year or so ago and couldn't find anything, anywhere. A couple dealers I spoke to both told me that they could order what I wanted, but may be up to 6 months before it would arrive.

Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro has a few in the case. Last time I was in there they had a Trojan, Spartan, Edge, and maybe a Tactical. Originally, I found out they were STI dealers but they didn't have anything in stock, so I ordered my Trojan in hard chrome. 6 months later it came in, and aparently they saved on shipping by ordering a bunch of other stuff.

Mac

Hmm.

http://www.stiguns.com/products/guns/

results in

VIPRE has determined that the site

you are trying to visit contains potentially harmful or objectionable content.

To proceed to this site: In VIPRE, open

"File/Settings/Firewall" and add the URL to

"Bad Web Site Exceptions..."

I will try them again later. Last time I ignored vipre, I discovered that kel tec's web site was indeed infested, and it took me 2 hours to get the offending cooties off the machine.

Guest swatcop50

Hmm.

http://www.stiguns.com/products/guns/

results in

VIPRE has determined that the site

you are trying to visit contains potentially harmful or objectionable content.

To proceed to this site: In VIPRE, open

"File/Settings/Firewall" and add the URL to

"Bad Web Site Exceptions..."

I will try them again later. Last time I ignored vipre, I discovered that kel tec's web site was indeed infested, and it took me 2 hours to get the offending cooties off the machine.

Wow, sorry you had a problem, guess my anti-cootie must be working ok....LOL

Guest twpayne75

Guys, I found my STI Off Duty on Gun owners club.com and it was like new........ Good luck..

Everything I find there used seems to run about $100 more than new MSRP. I can usually order new through my dealer for way less than most I see on there. I also love the general discriptions you find - "blah blah blah is new in box, less than 100 rounds fired with no holster wear".

My definition of NIB is never having a round chambered. But technically when you left the shop with it, it's now used.

Do yourself a favor and go to the website and look at the " Off Duty" NOT a large gun at all.............. :D

Vipre was just being stupid it looks like.

The "off duty" is listed at 7 inchs long. Clearly we have different ideas on what is small :)

Vipre was just being stupid it looks like.

The "off duty" is listed at 7 inchs long. Clearly we have different ideas on what is small :)

Unfortunately, they don't make a pocket pistol, but in relation to other popular carry weapons, the Ruger LC9 is 6" and the Glock 26 is 6.5" so a 3" 1911 isn't that much bigger. FWIW, I'm pretty sure the Lawman replaced the Rogue, but brought it's length up to 6.5".

Mac

Guest swatcop50

Everything I find there used seems to run about $100 more than new MSRP. I can usually order new through my dealer for way less than most I see on there. I also love the general discriptions you find - "blah blah blah is new in box, less than 100 rounds fired with no holster wear".

My definition of NIB is never having a round chambered. But technically when you left the shop with it, it's now used.

Yea, you have to get them on the phone and CHAT.LOL I go this STI for $875.00 and it has not one mark on it.

Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro has a few in the case. Last time I was in there they had a Trojan, Spartan, Edge, and maybe a Tactical. Originally, I found out they were STI dealers but they didn't have anything in stock, so I ordered my Trojan in hard chrome. 6 months later it came in, and aparently they saved on shipping by ordering a bunch of other stuff.

Mac

This is good news, I've been looking for a STI dealer. Maybe I'll go check them out next time I am home. Been wanting a Tactical as of late.

Guest swatcop50

Is anyone in the Knoxville area a STI dealer?

The one nearest to you is Mahoney's in Johnson City, 423-282-5413.

That is what STI's website said............ ; ^ )

The only experience I've had with STI was negative. I bought a 5" spartan in 9mm and was plagued with many issues. I finally gave up on it and sold it. I know it is their lesser model made in the phillipines but I expected more from it. Not having a ramped barrel and being chambered in 9mm probably had something to do with it.

With that said, I would like to try the Trojan in 9mm at some point.

Guest swatcop50

The only experience I've had with STI was negative. I bought a 5" spartan in 9mm and was plagued with many issues. I finally gave up on it and sold it. I know it is their lesser model made in the phillipines but I expected more from it. Not having a ramped barrel and being chambered in 9mm probably had something to do with it.

With that said, I would like to try the Trojan in 9mm at some point.

Wow, did not know they made any other than Texas. My full size 9mm "Tactical" has been a Gem. I wish all my guns worked as well.... Good luck with the Trojan......

Wow, did not know they made any other than Texas. My full size 9mm "Tactical" has been a Gem. I wish all my guns worked as well.... Good luck with the Trojan......

I believe the Spartan is the only model that isn't completely made in Texas. They outsource the frame and slide but the internals are Texas products. I just really wasn't impressed with it.

I actually just ordered a Kimber stainless in 9mm to give it a try. I've personally had great success with Kimber products and hope this gun will be no different. I will update with a range report when she arrives.

Guest swatcop50

P1012675.jpg

This is my main carry gun. It is a Guardian in 9mm. Love it. Got it about 3 years ago for $900ish

HOW did you post the photo, I guess I am just not smart enought to figure it out............ LOL LOL

Guest swatcop50

Was in Outpost today and they had a whole shelf full of STI's. From 9mm to 45acp in long and short barrells, couple of two tones as well. Prices were normal Outpost HIGH......... LOL But they DID have them............... ; ^ )