I gotta stay out of gun stores...

BigK

Guest Averhoeven

Who is they ?

I looked at his location and found 2 dealers in his area that both claimed they had them in stock. However, both were charging the $799 MSRP. Guns n Leather told me that they sold one 1-2 weeks ago for $629. Up to you....

Now that I've got about 250 rounds through this gun, I thought I'd comment on how it runs so far.

First off, nothing has caused even the slightest hiccup thus far...not one single failure! That's a good start.

Second, it is going to take me a long time to get as accurate as this gun can shoot. For example, today I put a group of 5 shots on the dead center of the bullseye with every hole touching each other. Sadly, I was using 4" Shoot 'N C targets, so I had the target all the up to the 5 yard line. By the time it ocurred to me to push it back to 10 or 15 yards to see how much I've improved with it, I had shot up all the ammo I took with me. I'm just saying...damn this gun is easy to shoot!!

Third, the matte stainless finish is SO easy to clean. Everything just wipes right off with a shop rag barely dampened with CLP. I love the wood grips too. All-in-all, it's a good looking, well made gun...kudos to Ruger.

Finally, before I bought this gun, I had only fired one single bullet from a 1911 (RIA GI model). I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the grip on this gun feels every bit as good as my CZs do. It points so naturally, I feel like it was made to fit my hands. Previously, nothing but a CZ felt this comfortable to me. Plus, the weight feels a lot like what I'm used to, which is a good thing. I can barely tell I'm shooting a .45acp instead of a 9mm. In fact, the recoil is flatter and less snappy, so it's actually easier to get back on target.

...I had no idea I'd like 1911s so much!

Edited by BigK
Guest Sgt. Joe

I see no problem here.

Well on the other hand I can see a major problem, :eek: if it can happen to the OP then it can happen to me. :eek:

At one time I would have bet the farm that I would never feel the need to carry a gun, but then I did so I bought one and then another one and then another several other another ones. I have even bought more than one at a time just to save time. I also even now have this "list" thing that has nothing to do with how level my boat is along with a rather large and heavy box looking thing in my house The Box Thing is obviously very important as it was rather expensive and came with some serious locks on it.

So far I have avoided the 1911 strain of this illness but since I am a big Ruger fan anyway and it has now been proven that the SR1911 does indeed exist, then this very thing could easily happen to me. Just look at that range report.....what chance do I have against that :confused:

Remember a bunch of years ago the anti drug commercial with the big nose on the screen and it started with the VCR and then the TV disappearing up into it and ended up with the person's car, boat and house going away? :eek:

Well this illness is quite similar, only with this it is just money that disappears into that big metal box and also goes away at an extremely high rate of speed down range into a target of some sort. Tons of valuable time is also spent dealing with the symptoms of this problem.

So this is either simply a harmless grown up GI Joe game or it is a real addiction problem, I am not smart enough to know that answer but I do know that unlike drugs the best way I can see to solve this problem it is to just keep on doing it :shrug: I have always said that I would try almost anything once and if it felt good that I would likely do it again.

I got a Nano today, my first Italian-American addition I wonder just when I will get my Ruger 1911?

I do see a problem but I am not going to fight it. :surrender:

Why can't I just walk in some where and find a Ruger 1911 for sale.

You must be living a cleaner life than me..

If I'd been luckier, they wouldn't have had one and my wallet wouldn't be as light as it is now.

Guest Averhoeven

You must be living a cleaner life than me..

If I'd been luckier, they wouldn't have had one and my wallet wouldn't be as light as it is now.

Did you pay msrp? Outpost across as a place where they dont bargain and you pay whatever the t ag says.

Edited by Averhoeven