Ants!

read somewhere where dry instant " grits " were used ....

sprinkled around and allowed to be eaten by the ants ....

it's suppose to swell up and burst them once they drink water ?

maybe larger yard ants / not indoor sugar ants ?

anyone ever heard this besides me ?

I've heard cornmeal will do the same thing

if they are those large black wood ants i call them slice a cucumber and lay small slices around where u see them and they will be gone in a couple of days. wont work on those little tiny ones though had to use a poison to get rid of them.

My wife bought some Raid Ant Gel at the market last weekend. I put some around the kitchen light switch (which is where I see them most often). Sunday night the spots of gel were covered with ants. Since Tuesday we have seen one or two at a time, and this morning when I made my coffee I didn't see a single one.

Here's hoping. If it doesn't work, looks like I'll be ordering some Terro.

Here's hoping. If it doesn't work, looks like I'll be ordering some Terro.

Ace Hardware has it here.

Sounds like the stuff you used may be 'bout same.

Borax is the actual killer in the Terro.

- OS

If you have kids or pets and don't want to use chemicals, then pour some flour on the ant hill and watch them disappear. Make sure it is fine flour, I hvae used it and to my surprise it works. Apparently the flour particles get stuck to their antenae or or thier mouth and kills them. Also I hear simple green works well.

Terro liquid ant baits/killer at Lowes or Tractor supply.

My sister gave me a couple of packets, she swears by it. I haven't had ants in my house this year but I had a colony in my potting shed, I opened a packet and put a line of liquid on a piece of plastic and put the packet beside it. The ants loved it, a thousand or so were at the line of liquid and I assumed they carried it back to their colony. Anyway, a week later no ants were to be found.

Terro liquid ant baits/killer at Lowes or Tractor supply.

My sister gave me a couple of packets, she swears by it. I haven't had ants in my house this year but I had a colony in my potting shed, I opened a packet and put a line of liquid on a piece of plastic and put the packet beside it. The ants loved it, a thousand or so were at the line of liquid and I assumed they carried it back to their colony. Anyway, a week later no ants were to be found.

In my apt, I've had several trails through the years, usually about like your experience, a few days at most just gone. Last infestation, though, I must have used a whole third of a bottle over about 10 days, just kept hitting the same three or four areas, then 6 or 8, with a drop as they ate it up.There might have been a flat million ants over that time that stopped by to slurp, must've tapped into a really big nest outside. Eventually got em, but by then I swear I was starting to feel a little guilty killing such a vast kingdom of any damn thing like that.

I generally try to take care of stuff like this, minor plumbing probs,etc rather than get apt folks involved, just simpler.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot