FN Five seveN- Thoughts?

Guest 6.8 AR

I'd like to see it too, except I don't believe that PMR-30's really exist outside of pictures in gun mags. With that said I like my FiveSeven very much. It's reliable, accurate and easy to shoot. Ammo is not too expensive (.40/round) if you're willing to do your research and price shop.

I actually held one for a minute, but it was sold. I was

quoted 299.00 if he could get his hands on another.

I think I'll put in my order in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot both a PMR30 (buddy owns one) and rented a FiveSeven at G&L in GB about a year ago. They had a used one, which they allowed me to take for a stroll :)

Anyways ... Hands down, I'd prefer the FiveSeven over the PMR30 ... The only thing the PMR has going for it is the price. If the Five Seven was about $400-500 cheaper, I think it'd be a MUCH more popular firearm :)

The FiveSeven's recoils is relatively non existent, however, the trigger (feel) is terrible IMO. My finger was hurting after 50-75 rounds.... Not from a nasty break, just the grooves! LOL

If I got a FiveSeven, I'd have someone make a custom smooth trigger == Otherwise, nothing back to say about the Five Seven :)

Shot both a PMR30 (buddy owns one) and rented a FiveSeven at G&L in GB about a year ago. They had a used one, which they allowed me to take for a stroll :)

Anyways ... Hands down, I'd prefer the FiveSeven over the PMR30 ... The only thing the PMR has going for it is the price. If the Five Seven was about $400-500 cheaper, I think it'd be a MUCH more popular firearm :)

The FiveSeven's recoils is relatively non existent, however, the trigger (feel) is terrible IMO. My finger was hurting after 50-75 rounds.... Not from a nasty break, just the grooves! LOL

If I got a FiveSeven, I'd have someone make a custom smooth trigger == Otherwise, nothing back to say about the Five Seven :)

During the fall and winter seasons, Elite Ammunition tunes FiveseveN's ... Price is fair for the work they do. Google is your friend.

Well...

I got it!

I picked up a OD Green with ALL the goodies and a Blackhawk paddle holster for $900.00.

Everyone I've spoken to said I might as well have worn a ski mask to get it. (implying I stole it. haha, how witty)

That being said, I have to say that I REALLY love this gun.

Ammo is scarce, and the damn thing puts off a foot and a half fireball when you fire it, but DAMN!

Accurate, loud, and lighter than a nerf gun!

And those bullets are pretty wicked.

Anyway, I appreciate all of the awesome feedback!

I have to say, this forum is my new favorite place to completely give in to total firearm addiction.

:koolaid: <--- unrelated. but still pretty damn funny. Kool-Aid man FTW! lol

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

i've really got the Five seveN itch lately myself, does anyone know of an aftermarket detachable scope mount for it?

By detachable you mean like a quick detach? I know the trijicon rmr's come with mounting plates that will work on the five seven and their fnp45 tactical. My dad has a five.seven and plan on getting him one for a present when funds permit.

Guest kingarmory

The 5.7x28 round was designed for close-quarters work against opponents with body armor. Basically it gives the armor penetrating capability of a carbine in a SMG sized weapon. However, the SS190 ammo that gave it ability is banned from importation so you're pretty much dealing with a glorified 22 magnum. The 5.7x28 offers decent stopping power, but its biggest advantage is reduced recoil.....that's it

Ammo will eventually get hard to find. It really isn't that popular of a round.

You can reload but you need to be very careful because pressure can get out of hand very quickly. Reloading also reduces the cost.

Reloading for the rifle is simple because it is blowback but the pistol can be hazardous if not paying attention.

Dolomite

I got to shoot a 5.7 last time at Southside. Loved shooting the rascal. That price is scary, though.

I go back and check in at the gun shop in Camden to see about the PMR 30, occasionally. For $299

I'd buy it and then all the ammo on the shelf and be happy.

Those guys on Armslist are nuts with those prices.

I got to shoot a 5.7 last time at Southside. Loved shooting the rascal. That price is scary, though.

I go back and check in at the gun shop in Camden to see about the PMR 30, occasionally. For $299

I'd buy it and then all the ammo on the shelf and be happy.

Those guys on Armslist are nuts with those prices.

I ran into a guy at ORSA a couple of weeks back that was shooting a PMR 30. He let me handle it and offered to let me shoot it. For $299 I'd jump all over one. For $800 I'll stick with my FiveSeven.

If you are looking for a pmr30 for msrp contact b&h gun rack in Florida. I have purchased 3 from them in the past 4 months. I assume they are in tight with keltec and there very close to keltec's HQ. Youre welcome ;)..... keep in mind msrp is now $415

Didn't know that, since $299 was the price the dealer quoted me about six weeks ago. I don't need one that bad, now.

I don't consider Kel-Tec the cat's meow at all. Thanks for the source.

People are just price gouging, and for all I care, can go choke on their $800 dollar pistol. Though suckers are born every second.

I know and I agree. A few of the auctions are already hitting the high $500's mark. Curious to see what they top out at. Edited by chrisw670