STILL BELIEVE THEM MEDIA? THEN WATCH THIS...

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Guest 6.8 AR

All I can say is, you are falling into David Axelrod's claptrap to screw this election up. The Democrats

are relying on you Paulbots as a part of their effort. Along with the "Occupy" queers and the unions

and their desire to make us all good communists, the effort becomes multifaceted, more to follow.

As far as the Judge on your video, I agree with him, if only Paul was electable. He isn't. Face it. I and

others have addressed Paul's problems in other threads. If you don't understand, I can't help that.

Guest bkelm18

So Paul isn't electable but Romney and Obama are ? Interesting theory.

Well, Obama was already elected so that answers half of your question. As for Romney, he's the only one that has any remote chance at all of being elected. As I said in another topic, Obama was elected over a very moderate Republican last time. What makes you think that people would vote for an extreme conservative over Obama this time? Sorry, but if you think enough people have had miraculous revelations about Obama and his evils that they would now go to the extreme other end of the spectrum and vote for Ron Paul, you are sadly mistaken.

The only elected office Paul has held has been from his congressional district in Texas. Paul has never been elected to statewide or national office. He lost his only statewide bid when he didn't even make it past the primary the time he ran for US Senate. This will be his third time running for President, and he is no closer than the other two times. Face it guys, Ron Paul is not electable outside of his district. He never will be. Both Romney and Obama have held statewide office, and, of course, we know who is currently sitting in the big chair.

The devotion Paul's supporters have is admirable, but borders on the absurdity. You guys are so blinded by your devotion, that you can't see reality. We all understand you like Paul and want to see him in the oval office. That's fine. I am sure you all voted your heart and your conscience, and pushed the button for Paul in the primary election. Nothing wrong with that. Tennessee has had its say in the primary process, and we picked Santorum (little good that did us). However, Romney has the votes, and is going to win the nomination. What we need to do now is unite behind Romney, and get Obama out of office. Otherwise he will further destroy this country with his big government programs, trillions more in debt, and ultra-liberal SCOTUS picks. The SCOTUS issue is reason enough to vote him out.

If Ron Paul runs as an third-party candidate, or his supporters try to pull some stupid stunt (brokered convention, or a write-in candidacy), then you guys a playing right into Obama's wishes, and he will be easily reelected. You may not like the reality......but it's here.

Edited by Reservoir Dog
  • Moderators

I am a fervent Paul supporter, however I think that the "Paul or nobody" crowd are a bit misguided. Instead of taking your ball and going home when Paul doesn't get the nomination, realize that he has built a coalition of like minded, libertarian folks under the Republican banner who can reform the party from the inside out. A coalition that can bring together people to elect politicians who will actually respect constitutionally recognized liberties, instead of just paying lip service to them while selling the people out.

• Like 1

I am a fervent Paul supporter, however I think that the "Paul or nobody" crowd are a bit misguided. Instead of taking your ball and going home when Paul doesn't get the nomination, realize that he has built a coalition of like minded, libertarian folks under the Republican banner who can reform the party from the inside out. A coalition that can bring together people to elect politicians who will actually respect constitutionally recognized liberties, instead of just paying lip service to them while selling the people out.

+1, glad you see it that way and wish other Paul supporters would too.

And you are right. For his Liberty movement to take hold it's going to have to come from the inside, and that depends on who we send in there.

Fill the House and Senate with like minded conservatives and things will change so we don't have to settle with moderate republicans.

It's also not only Paul working on this movement, the Tea Party is behind the scenes and making a difference as we speak. It's not going to happen with only one man in the WH.

Guest lostpass

What you have to understand about the media is that it isn't what it was when you were younger. The media isn't about left or right, factual or otherwise anymore (The presumption is that the media as a whole one was interested in this) right now, the media, like every other business is interested in hits and clicks.

The media does not exist to differentiate between a glock and a 76 pacer (equally ugly but one actually functions as advertised) the media exists to generate revenue. This is a sad lesson to many in the media and many consumers. But yet it remains the truth. The reporting that generates no revenue is wasted reporting.

When you see obviously biased articles (and you can find them both sides) you're not seeing bias yo are seeing appeals to the readers. When you see factually incorrect articles you aren't seeing lazy reporting you are seeing a reporter that knows where his or her bread is buttered. It isn't a media problem, it is an us problem.

Guest 6.8 AR

But the difference in the two and their bias is, the liberal hides it and tries to make you think something that isn't, and

the conservative tells you what he thinks and usually says what he is in defense of his article.

The media with tingles down their legs over Obama and all the obvious bias with stirring up lies in the "Trayvon!" case

and you say no bias? The newspaper was created as a tool for bias. Go back to before the American Revolution and the

handbills. After that, see how many newspapers there were(and still are) with Democrat in their name. The media has

always been deeply involved in bias. And as far as generating revenue, how's that working out for the New York Times

and many other papers?

Fill the House and Senate with like minded conservatives and things will change so we don't have to settle with moderate republicans.

That not only means the Federal branch of government, but the State as well.

I personally believe that we can have a more telling effect, via Local and State governments for our daily lives, than we can regarding the Federal branch.

There are races right here in Tennessee that will bear immediately on the Freedoms we enjoy, (or not), by changing out the Moderates/Liberals that currently have a stranglehold on the legislature.

• Moderators

That not only means the Federal branch of government, but the State as well.

I personally believe that we can have a more telling effect, via Local and State governments for our daily lives, than we can regarding the Federal branch.

There are races right here in Tennessee that will bear immediately on the Freedoms we enjoy, (or not), by changing out the Moderates/Liberals that currently have a stranglehold on the legislature.

This, absolutely this. I consider myself a Libertarian and I think we have wasted our resources and energy fielding a Presidential Candidate every 4 years. Want to make a difference? Field candidates in local elections, put small government folks on the city councils, county commissions and then in the state legislatures. Continue to vote for whomever you need to so as to safeguard the Supreme Court, but always be working towards making the Republicans irrelevant if they won't reform.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd love for a libertarian to be a viable candidate, but this isn't the year. The obsession with Ron Paul is likely to give us 4 more years of Obama. He's not a viable candidate, like it or not. Even the Rasmussen polls that is cited on Ron Paul websites show that Obama averages over an 8 point lead over RP, and I am actually pretty stunned that it's that close. At this point, Romney is the establishment candidate and there is no way for RP to get the Republican nomination.

Guest 6.8 AR

The libertarians can reform the Republican Party. They are doing it bit by bit. That kind of change I can live with. You have to remember

how hard it is to come to the "meeting of the minds" level with so many aspects to deal with. Things like this take time and there are many

detractors out there. You have to keep up the good fight, instead of gathering up your toys and going elsewhere. That solves nothing.

The libertarians can reform the Republican Party. They are doing it bit by bit. That kind of change I can live with. You have to remember

how hard it is to come to the "meeting of the minds" level with so many aspects to deal with. Things like this take time and there are many

detractors out there. You have to keep up the good fight, instead of gathering up your toys and going elsewhere. That solves nothing.

I tend to agree. I would like to see more viable political parties, but I suspect that the rise of the Libertarian Party would likely result in a split of the Republican party leaving both in a less desirable position. Unless there was a similar split in the Democratic Party, I'm fairly certain that the Dems would gain a lot of power. Even with the more liberal stance on social issues, I don't see many Dems leaving their party to join the Libertarians due to the focus on free-market based fiscal policy and reduction or elimination of social assistance programs. Unfortunately, the libertarians will have to change the Republican party, or grow in popularity enough to replace it completely, much like the Republicans did to the Whig Party back in the 19th century.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
Guest 6.8 AR

Exactly, the modern version of liberals, that is. The modern liberal has gone so far off the deep end, they may self-destruct. I think a

lot of Dems have already made their move. They don't exactly relate with conservatives or libertarians, but they don't like communism,

either. When the modern Dem exposes himself, like Chuck Shumer, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid or Barack Obama the avreage working

Democrat is torn out from the mix and is left wondering what happened. They have to campaign way right to get elected.

When enough Republicans get together and expose their RINO's, like what happened to Dick Lugar in Indiana and what's waiting

for Orren Hatch in Utah, the Republicans, along with libertarians can affect some decent change, also. I don't have to bring up

Lamar, do I? :D

Edited by 6.8 AR

That's the ticket folks, work from the inside out.

Most folks just pay attention to presidential elections thinking that will change the country, but in reality it just swings it too far left most times.

Maybe the only good to come from BHO's term is waking people up and getting involved in the political process, at all levels.

Seeing what happened in Indiana this year with then sitting Senator Dick Lugar defeated by a true Conservative fostered by various grass roots organizations.

That power lays in the hands of Tennesseans as well, and there are a few instances where we can make huge differences in our body politic, IF we join together and work towards the common goal of taking away the reigns of power from the Moderate/Liberal establishment controlled legislature.

A truism for the ages "Money is the mother's milk of politics", as stated by Jesse Unruh, (Speaker of the California Assembly from 1961 to 1968), and not just of politics, but politicians as well, defines the game.

Right now, "Big Business" is controlling just about everything coming out of Nashville, because they are paying for it. But, all they can do is finance the mailers and commercials, they can not vote. Should the rabble decide to engage with their pitiful $10.00 and $20.00 donations, their time and energies, we could in fact, change the metric with which our State government is controlled, if we but heeded the first two Sections of our Tennessee Constitution:

§ 1. Powers of people

That all power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their peace, safety, and happiness; for the advancement of those ends they have at all times, an unalienable and indefeasible right to alter, reform, or abolish the government in such manner as they may think proper.

§ 2. Doctrine of non-resistance

That government being instituted for the common benefit, the doctrine of non-resistance against arbitrary power and oppression is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

What controls our current legislature IS power, the lust for and wielding of it, and it occurs at our pleasure, for we are the true arbiters of it.

Edited by Worriedman
  • Moderators

Kieefer, one thing to take into account is that there is a significant contingent of Paul supporters who don't identify with the rest of the Republican party, myself being one of them. The Republican party is as soulless and corrupt as the Democrats, the only reason I will likely be voting for Romney this fall is that Obama cannot be allowed to place another justice on the SCOTUS. With Romney we have a chance of getting a conservative justice. At this point, both congress and the white house are enemies of the people and the republic. The SCOTUS is the last hope we have of keeping the other two branches from going whole hog into tyranny.

For me at least, the only reason the Republican Party is even getting a chance is that they are more pliable to the kind of internal reforms that will make it possible to change the party to one that actually respects individual liberty as opposed to just paying lip service.

• Like 1
Guest pfries

No matter how you break it down it is sickening. By doing this the GOP is proving they are no better than any of the opposition and giving them ammo to boot.

Guest 6.8 AR

Not if you consider what the Tea Party is doing by successfully primarying incumbents in several states. Isn't that something

to cheer about? There is that pliability being tested and it could be used nationwide to clean house. But that takes action

starting at the local level, rather than generalizing about the GOP.

• Moderators

The generalizing I am doing about the GOP is why the actions at the local level you are referring to are needed. The national party machine is corrupted. Many of the state party machines are the same, look no further than Nashville for evidence of that here in TN.

• Like 1